SOZO

Options
Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
I have never been one to accept something new straight away. My usual response is “that sounds great”. Today I tested out the SOZO. It IS great. Vichealth have endorsed it so Victorians have more of these available than other states. My hospital does not have one but I will be campaigning for them to get one. It is excellent for after illness care. As you try to improve your health it helps by measuring muscle mass, fat mass, hydration status and where the fluid is sitting in relation to your cells. It also assesses for a Lymphedema rating. I am very impressed, especially since it says I am tracking better than I thought re. fat vs muscle mass. I have a way to go but at least it is not near as bad as I thought. Takes thirty seconds to get a reading and give you the info on the spot.

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    WTF is SOZO?
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @Zoffiel It is a machine that looks like a set of scales that does all the above
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    This was the event held today at the Think Pink BC support venue in Melbourne
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I found the following information regarding SOZO in the Australasian Lymphology Association website.  There was a presentation at a recently symposium by Louise Koelmeyer, Occupational Therapist & Lymphoedema Practitioner, Clinical Researcher, Educator and Dr Leigh Ward, University of Queensland

ttps://www.lymphoedema.org.au/education-&-resources/2019-ala-symposium/sessions/

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    @Blossom1961, one of the lymphoedema therapists I see at Macquarie University Hospital uses this machine too and it is interesting to find out how you're tracking with all of the above so hopefully they can tailor treatments a little better. Sadly I don't think my local public hospital lymphoedema unit will be getting one soon as they had to rely on the auxillary ladies to fundraise for their little L-Dex monitor :(
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @Jane221 Shame they couldn’t have put the money towards a sozo as it does the L Dex as well