Alcohol

2»

Comments

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Those drinks all sound delicious ladies 😋. I think because I tend to lack courage sometimes, a few glasses gave me the strength to join in. Time to toughen up 😉
  • Milly21
    Milly21 Member Posts: 122
    I used to drink quite regularly before I got cancer .I love wine, now I save it for if I’m out for dinner or an evening out, if out I will have about 2 glasses of wine,or I might have a glass on a Friday night,I’m actually used to not having much now and do feel better  but it was an adjustment at first.im going to Fiji soon for a couple of weeks and will probably have a drink if I feel like it within reason,but your right before when I had a drink I never thought about it ,now it does have a level of guilt for me too,
  • Doin'it
    I’ll be really peeved if they discover later on alcohol doesn’t cause cancer!! Enjoy Fiji @Milly21 🥂
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    This is really tough and I'm on the everything in moderation bus. My cancer has returned and yes I did enjoy a glass or 5 of wine prior to my 1st diagnosis and enjoyed a similar amount before my 2nd diagnosis. I enjoy having a glass of wine after work or with dinner , I never drank while I was having treatment and am doing the same now. The studies are scary but we do have to enjoy our lives and there are many women out there that have never indulged in alcohol and still have had cancer ( secondaries also ). I currently indulge in San Pellegrino  with lots of fresh lime in it, but am really looking forward to 2 Sundays away when I can have a glass of wine with dinner after this round of treatment is over. My Oncologist who is a complete teetotaler ,who doesn't even drink coffee says 1 or 2 a week is more than ok.
  • Doin'it
    Thanks ladies. Yep, I think you’re right. Enjoy in moderation. Hugs for everyone of you xo