Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Mets in brain & liver after 5 yrs feeling good.

2»

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I am so sad to hear that @HelenJill. My sister had a combination of brain and liver mets. It's an impossibly hard combination. This disease just sucks. I will keep Jackie in my thoughts.

Thank you for letting us know. The nature of this forum is that we're often left wondering. A big hug to you and all of Jackie's family and friends. Keep her smile in your heart. K xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    This news is sad!
    May your tears in time turn to smiles as the memory of the better times are yours to treasure
    Take care 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I am so sorry to hear this sad news @HelenJill - my condolences to you and Jackie's family xxx
  • youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Well that is the shittest thing I’ve read at 3:30am for a long time. May she be sipping espresso in Rome and living la dolce vita now in peace xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    No words.XX
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    ❤️
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @HelenJill
    I thank you for letting our community know.
    I am really saddened to read the news of Jackie50's passing. 
    Its devastating, my thoughts are with her family and friends as this very sad time.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
     :'(  :'(:'(:'(
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    I don't get over to the main forum very often and just reading through after posting my happy news of being 8 years clear.  Then to read this.  So very sorry for your loss @HelenJill may @Jackie50 rest in peace. 
    Hugs to you all.
    Paula xx
  • HelenJill
    HelenJill Member Posts: 61
    Hi Paula. A big congrats to you. 8 years that’s fabulous. Jackie and I went to the Field of Women in Melbourne last year celebrating our 5 year survival milestone. We had a fabulous weekend. We were both devastated 3 months later when she was diagnosed with Mets. I will miss her so much. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited May 2019
    @HelenJill thankyou for your lovely words.  I felt guilty for my happy post when I read this.  @Jackie50 was a member of our recon group and I see had not long had hers.  How lovely you shared the field of women together.  I can imagine how devastated you must have been. Such a cruel disease. Take care of you and treasure every day.
    hugs
    xxxx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @HelenJill what a great memory to have attended the field of women with Jackie, I cant imagine how devastating it was for Jackie to receive the news that her cancer had returned 3 months later.  Like @mum2jj has said, it is such a cruel disease.  Please dont hesitate to contact our helpline if you need any support and or information.  Best wishes