Brainless

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
I'd hoped that two years would be long enough for me to get my act together. But, no. I continue to forget what I'm doing, forget what I've done, forget how-to do things and where I've put things. I've actually given up doing stuff I like because I think I'm a danger to myself. Bandsaws are a bad idea in my current head space.
Passwords. Passwords are a nightmare.

The Energiser Bunny had never been to Craig's Hut so, since the weather was nice, he, I and the Hound went for a drive. So did about 100 other people, one of whom now has my 'old' Android tablet.

Which is pretty much my own fault since I must have left is sitting on a rock somewhere. You'd think though, given its a bit battered and has my phone number on it, who ever pickedpit up would  give it back. But no. This particular shitbird has spent the last three days busily trying to hack into my emails and system account.

Thankfully, I had some security on it and don't have Twitter, snap chat, instagram, whatsap etc and if they are hoping to find a sex video they will be sorely disappointed. I almost wish there was one, that would bloody learn them. 'Take that, you miserable piece of shit, I hope you have nightmares for years and your eyesight never returns to normal.'

Anyway, all this has meant I've had to buy a new tablet and reset all my passwords and accounts. Dear oh dear. It seems my brain could remember short sequences--open emails and put in appropriate password without thinking-- but having to do the lot has scrambled my synapses and I've forgotten several. Now I'm trying to reset passwords, the shitbird is still trying to break in and Google, Facebook and Yahoo are becoming increasingly agitated by all the activity. My brain is not up to it. At all.
Tagged:

Comments

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Yikes! Passwords are the worst thing. I use the same one as much as possible LOL. And curses on the person who took your tablet. Best wishes from jennyss
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Dickhead!!!. Pity you didn't test drive your aforementioned blow up doll (in night howls). Given it a real workout with the assistance of various battery operated devices in an assortment of rubber orifices. The dickhead would then have had to scrub out his eyeballs with bleach and one of those old copper brushes used in years gone by to clean suede shoes.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What a turd. I hope karma bites them hard. I feel your frustration with the passwords. K xox
  • Patchworkmum
    Patchworkmum Member Posts: 18
    So nice to know that I’m not the only “brainless” one. I’ve take to writing lists everywhere and still manages to forget things. Example did I take my meds before chemo this morning? positive I did but had a blank moment when they asked if I did.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Yep, lots of ditzy going around.  My husband would watch me take tamoxifen at night because no doubt ten minutes later I would ask him if I did or not.  
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Yep ditzy Doodoo here!!! 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Oh...what a bloody nuisance @zoffiel.  It's a shame the dickhead can't be tracked down.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Craig's Hut!
    Beautiful place!
    Who'd thought an opportunistic so and so would be there!
    Bring on the karma bus

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    It used to be a real treat @iserbrown. We used to ride through there in the early 90s  on the way from the King basin to the upper Howqua river-- I really wish I could find the pictures. It was very different then as not that many people had 4WDs , though I did get my station wagon up there about 10 years ago (that was noisy) There were 22 cars in the car park on Saturday. Ah well, you can't turn back the clock.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Zoffiel, I had an image of Craig's Hut being by the sea, but after an internet squiz I realise you were very  high up in the mountains. Hope you've got all the passwords etc sorted by now.
  • EAA
    EAA Member Posts: 89
    Hi Zoffiel
    I’ve heard of an app called Password Wallet. It’s a secure place 
    to park all your passwords. Commiserations. Tech stuff is so demanding to fix and worse if your internet connections are ratshit! 
    Last thing you want when hormones are suppressed! More than once ive wanted to pick up my laptop and smash it on the desk!
    Sweet calm when it’s sorted. All the best.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    That's a bugger, @Zoffiel - when Keith lost his phone last week, I contacted Telstra within 24hrs & they shut it down (it was prepaid & had about $80 still on it.)  They gave me a replacement sim card &  I put it into a replacement phone, with the same prepaid still left on it.  WIN!