Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Progression Update - Good News!

elisewjk
elisewjk Member Posts: 60
edited May 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi Everyone, just thought I'd share some good news, having seen some good news stories myself, they did make me feel better, so I just want to pay it forward  :)
I was diagnosed with de novo Stage 4 with bone/spine mets last Oct 2018. I underwent every scan and test possible and results were coming back contradictory/inconclusive - so I'm well known by the MultiDisciplinary Team apparently. I had a mammogram, ultra sound, breast biopsy, CT scan, Bone scan, MRI, PET scan, many many blood tests, culminating in a bone/spine biopsy which confirmed Stage 4 mets 6 weeks after the initial discovery.
In Oct I was started on Letrozole and Denosumab. In Nov, I was additionally started on Ribociclib and have been experimenting with that for the last 6-7 months to find the right dose with the right side effects for me. We settled on the lowest dose of 200mg a couple of months ago, which I was a little skeptical about I must admit. I also started (a lot) of walking to help beat some of the side effects - fatigue, depression - and that has helped too.
My first restaging scans in Feb 2019, showed "significant reduction" of the breast tumour and the bone mets stable. My second restaging scans undergone last week, show the tumour has shrunken away to almost nothing and my bone mets cancer is relatively inactive and stable.
Soooo.... I'm going to take that as a win! A very good win! Yay!!!  A little clap and jump in the air! :)  :)  :)

Comments