I need a hug

Nefertari
Nefertari Member Posts: 288
edited May 2019 in General discussion
Hi everyone, I thought I was coping pretty well considering the sucky state of my family's health at the moment.  But today I've been thrown yet another curve ball.

My surgery is on Friday 24 th and I was scheduled for the lymphoscintogram and needle localisation procedures to be done on the same day - pre my afternoon surgery.

Today I get a text reminding me of my appointment in radiology for 23/5/19 - what,  that is news to me??
I believed it may have been sent to me in error as it usually has my name on it and this one does not.  So I rang and no it's for my lymphoscintogram! 

I have neuropathy and my feet are dodgy at best and the numbness has spread to my right thigh both front and back.  Hubby is taking me on Friday as my car is manual and I have been stalling it haha. I cannot gauge how hard Im pressing down on the clutch, safer not to drive at this point.

I went into a complete meltdown on the phone, I could not talk.  I finally stammered out it's not fair to change it so late in the game and also it means I would have to rope someone in to taking me and wait around till I'm done. I have two family members in hospital at the moment and hubby and I were doing a final visit before my surgery. 

She is going to "try" to get my original appointments back as she cancelled that one, what should I do? Stick to my guns?

Just when I I thought all the frigging me around was over.

Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,519
    :(  I am so sorry you are going thru such a bad patch @Nefertari - wishing you all the best for your surgery!

Gosh - that was rude just changing your appointment without discussing it with you first!   Definitely stick to your guns! I reckon.  You had it all organised efficiently - and THEY stuffed it up.  So THEY can 'fix it up'!   They don't always realise the emotional damage they do to us when they muck around with appointments & things!   

Take care & BIG HUGS coming your way xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Nefertari Absolutely. Big snugglehugs on way. Make sure you catch them. If you miss, I will send another lot. I have heaps to give away and I love to do so. Stick to your original plans. Tell them you cannot change as you have no one to take you.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hi @Neferari,

That just stinks.  Do they realise they normally do this the day of surgery for a reason? Jump up and down for sure.  There is a two day protocol but depending on the surgeon some prefer day of some don't mind teither way.   I would be contacting your surgical team or breast care nurse and see if they are happy with the change. They may have a bit more pull with getting things changed back if that's what everyone prefers. What if you didn't get the text?   They should have phoned you as soon as they wanted to change it.  Grrrrr  assholes.

Hugs lovely.  
    xoxoxoxo
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Big hugs @Nefertari. Mention dollars and they'll start hopping. Tell them than you don't have medical clearance to drive yourself, and that you had set arrangements for a driver for the date and time as arranged. Advise them that as you no longer have an available driver because of their stuff up, you'll need them to pay a cab voucher both there and back home if they are unable to honour their original arrangements. Watch them very quickly fix their problem. You have enough of your own problems, without having to help them rectify theirs. Ally.
  • Nefertari
    Thanks for the hugs and yes I did feel them :) and I will take as many as you can give.

I cannot believe how low I feel now, it is just another stuff up in a long line of them and this one has pushed me to the edge.  Of course she has not called back, how ironic?

So I am left in limbo overnight to have a sleepless night and find out tomorrow if I'm lucky enough to have my original appointment back. 

As if BC and all the treatments, scans and side effects aren't enough to cope with you have to have incompetent unnecessary stuff ups.  I can't get any one to take me on the Thursday, so I will stick to my guns. I feel worse as I have frightened the cat, she was sleeping on the bed and I did scream out loud and use a few expletives!!!!! Had a good cry and now am angry.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    More hugs coming your way 

That's just wrong!!!! Stick to your guns, tell them that you can't get there, don't bother too much with the why, it'll go over their heads. 
    And again, get in touch with the complains / consumer feedback / engagement or whetever they call it and get them on side. They're there to help you

Take care xo
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Hello @Nefertari please don't hesitate to ring the BCNA Helpline to speak to a cancer nurse for support too on 1800 500 258. Take care of you.
  • ~Millie~
    ~Millie~ Member Posts: 61
    Hugs 💕💕💕💕
  • Scaredycat
    Scaredycat Member Posts: 61
    Hugs 🤗. I’m so sorry that this is happening to you. I hope they sort it out ...... just tell them that you can’t get there at such short notice as you have everything planned for the day of surgery. It was very thoughtless on their behalf.
    please speak to your cancer nurse. Mine has been great with sorting things out when necessary.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    So, they are messing you around again?  I'm really sorry that you have had to deal with this - I don't know which hospital you are dealing with but they are showing a complete disregard for patients.  Advise your doctor about what is going on.  If you are unable to get the appointment changed back (and it is possible that they may not be able to do that, now), insist on access transport there and back.  I'm sure they can find a couple of cabcharge vouchers for this purpose to alleviate the problem caused by their error.  You made arrangements around the original appointment and you were not consulted about the change and you have no way of getting in.

Big hugs coming.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @Nefertari

• Nefertari
    Thanks for all the hugs and wise words, this forum has been a lifeline in that way.  Still waiting on an answer, on the phone now waiting......will let you know 
  • JannyB
    JannyB Member Posts: 5
    Darling, we Sister Warriors are here for you always.  I’ve just this minute said a prayer for you for Friday x Jan
  • Scaredycat
    Scaredycat Member Posts: 61
    Yay, awesome news. Enjoy your two days of peace. I’m wishing you all the best for Friday.