Night Howls

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kezmusc also made an appointment with an ophthalmologist in a couple of months as I have some blurred vision  :/
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Yes @Kiwi Angel  I had to get glasses after 3 months on Tamox. The opthometrist nodded her head when I told her what drug I was on and how rapid the initial decline in my vision was.  She said that was normal for that drug and they see it regularly.  Can have nasty effects on corneas as well. I have a check up booked for next week as my vision has gotten worse over the last year. Can't read anything without glasses now.  
  • Kiwi Angel
    @kezmusc I got glasses last year and just had to get my eyes checked a month ago. My onc said if anyone says they have vision problems on tamoxifen they are duty bound to send them to an ophthalmologist. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    My eyes are worse than this time last year - tho it also could just be 'aging' ..... and I'm not on Tamox ... yet
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @Zoffiel, here's another picture to add to your collection. Yesterday, there was me, walker and all, standing on the pavement outside a building in Chatswood, where I had an appointment for a chest CT scan. Problem was, there was an automatic revolving door, a F***ing FAST revolving door, which I would have to get through, wheelie walker, buggered knees and all, before I was swiped to the floor and dragged round and around. The fire exit door to the side, could only be opened from within the foyer. So....close your eyes and picture Z. Z. Top here), had to navigate the aforementioned revolving door, enter the foyer, open the fire escape and let me hobble in. Pity the poor Nanna or Pops who's flying solo...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Not good enough. All buildings should be accessible to everyone, no matter their physical ability. And at a medical facility?? #ffs
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Those revolving doors scare the s&#@ out of me at the best of times.  There used to be one on the Bice building at the old Royal Adelaide Hospital - freaked me out every time.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @Zoffiel...I doff my cap to you....your word pictures are Leonardo da Vinci, compared to my pencil scribbles A+++ score!!!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Ah, Ally. It's a bit like playing 30 second scrabble. Only after you've played your move do you see how it could be improved. I really wanted to add a bit "It's built to take a real pounding, so does well under the bus. Unfortunately if it gets its wee fingers caught in the door tracks I need my bike tube repair kit before I use it again. Either way, it does catch the eye of the security cameras which seem to ignore me if I'm on my own." 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Stop it @zoffiel - I'm crying....I did have a vision of what the small battery operated compressor could look like...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Brilliant @Zoffiel, brilliant.
  • Kiwi Angel
    After 1 x 100mg gabapentin last night I had a similar, but I think deeper sleep. When my alarm went off at 5am I didn’t feel like crap and after 10 minutes of the cat sitting on my chest and staring at me intently I got up, fed her and went for a run. Might try a gabapentin and a temazepam together one night and see how that goes or 2 x gabapentin (the onc said I can take up to 3 and the pharmacist said there are no contraindications in using the 2 together) - mildly optimistic  my knee, ankle and feet joints aren’t so pleased with me though!