Creative Corner!

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Looks pretty bloody good to me, @Blossom1961  (from someone who can’t draw a straight line!!)

well done!
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @Blossom1961, The boats look fine; the water and sky are great. Is the watercolour hard to use and get those lovely layered effects? I was recently given a set of three white plaster frogs who hear no evil, speak no evil and see no  evil. I have bought a cheap tin of watercolour paints to paint them, but I'm too chicken to start!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @jennyss I tried watercolours years ago and gave up after my first attempt to self teach. The local community group advertised last month for beginner lessons so I forced myself to go and enjoyed it immensely. The trick is learning the paint water ratio for each application. Google has instructions but I needed a person approach.
    Thank you ladies for your encouragement. I doubt I will ever get to them being showable, but that is okay as it is enjoyable.
    Now to get back to that ukulele. I am going to self teach myself that one with @arpie help notes. The group session wasn’t my thing as it really was for more advanced. Once I can train my fingers I will reconsider.
  • Blossom1961
    I voted today! Some of the parties should get on this thread because they are very creative.
  • jena
    jena Member Posts: 81
    Well done @Blossom1961. It’s a restful painting and your colour choices are fab.
    I did a water colour class a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. The class opened up my creative juices. There is something magical about working with water colours. 
    After you’ve played around a bit, get yourself some quality water colours. I’m lucky to have access to my partner’s paints. The colours are rich and simply lovely to play with.  So treat yourself  :)
  • Blossom1961
    Hi @jena Ihave some Van Gogh but I haven’t used them yet. I will continue with the cheap stuff until I know what I am doing. My hubby uses acrylics, pastels, pencils and charcoal. 
  • jena
    Hi @Blossom1961. Go gal. Have fun playing   I like playing with ink and water colour; and ink with colour pencil. Can get some interesting effects. 
    I was given some pastels and pastel paper for my birthday - yet to play with those. I’ll get some tips from my partners who also used pastels & charcoal.
    Isn’t if fun.   Today I’m embossing what will become a large leather satchel. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I like that, @kitkatb - Very NICE!    I am trying to get hubby back into his art as he is a bit 'lost' since no longer competing!

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @kitkatb I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're very talented! I Iove your art. Tell your muse to get a move on from me! K xox
  • Blossom1961
    My watercolour was so creative tonight, even I couldn’t figure it out.
  • jena
    Hi @kitkatb   You capture the light well in your restful image.  I can just imagine myself sitting on a rock looking out to sea, past the little boat. 
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Thanks @jena I'll get to finish it some day.  Got to finish the water and rocks and add a whole heap of pelicans. Will post the finished pic when I have.  Have a great weekend.