Unfortunately someone else always has worse news

December2018
December2018 Member Posts: 26
edited May 2019 in General discussion
Yesterday I started Cycle 2 Round 1 of 12 chemo treatments, it hasn't gone to bad.
I just woke with it being a very emotional day, continually crying at any little thing but thankfully woke (haahaa as if sleeping happened) feeling much better today.

Whilst I was having chemo in Cancer Clinics very comfy recliner my Aunt sent a message that my Uncle's treatment has been delayed, let me fill you in on the story.

The most incredible, amazing, thoughtful and kindest human being my Uncle (wish he was my dad, I  got the dodgy brother boohoo) was diagnosed with Leukemia 5 days before my BC diagnoses  in December 2018.

He was blasted with inpatient Chemo for a straight month, I least  I  get mini breaks I can only imagine how sick he has been. They found a Bone Marrow donor in Germany and were all set to go for next week, his counts were great but they decided to be over cautious and double check. Unfortunately his counts sky rocketed and Transplant has been delayed by another 6 weeks and his back in Hospital getting Chemo blasted AGAIN for a month.

How much is a person expected to take and deal with.

My amazing Aunt is a bloody mess and can't believe they are back at square one, SO BLOODY UNFAIR, as I  wrote before he is the most amazing human being and he is one of last you want to leave this world before his time.

As my Aunt said it has to be true that bad things happen only to the good, she kindly had me in that old adage also.

The next time I feel sorry for myself I have to remember  that I'm getting along OK and no backward steps, fingers crossed, yet.

So can I ask that today if any of you lovely people get a moment, even though you all have your own burdens to bear, can you give my Uncle a little thought or prayer for he truly is amazing!!!

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @December2018 u poor thing - sorry to hear about your uncle. Throughout my BC experience I have always tried to remain positive and remember that there is always someone worse off then me and to be thankful for where I am. 

Glad u feel better - this can be a very emotionally draining experience xox
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Thinking of your dear uncle and will say a little prayer for him. Glad your chemo is going OK. Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Thinking of both of you and your aunt at this time cxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Done. Sending him some good vibrations from my corner of the universe. He must be a beautiful human being. Big hug, K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh it's such a shitty thing cancer. I hope he has success with his treatment. 
  • kmakm
    The little sister of a woman I've been friends with since I was five died from breast cancer yesterday morning. She was 48. I wish I didn't know what that felt like. I remember as a little moppet with a head full of curly hair, like the Queen as a little girl. She devoted her life to helping adolescents with mental health problems. This is such a shit of a disease.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yet again we need a button that expresses empathy/sympathy.  Thoughts with both of you.
  • kmakm
    Thanks @Sister.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    A day of sadness. My tear ducts are getting a good cleanse anyway. Thinking of you Kate.
  • kmakm
    edited May 2019
    @Blossom1961 Thanks Didi. Wipe those eyes lovey. Onwards and upwards. K xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @kmakm
    Oh so sad to read your post!
    Never easy regardless! 
    Take care 
  • GavinCh
    GavinCh Member Posts: 26
    Thinking of you all @December2018, we sometimes forget there are others less fortunate.
    So sorry to hear