Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Back to work

Glynnis
Glynnis Member Posts: 353
edited May 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
hi all, after 3 months off work, diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, first cycle on Kisqali done, bloods came back as good, neutrophils were 1 so on the boarder so seeing my oncologist in 3 weeks to see how were going, but was give all clear to return to work yesterday, today was my first shift in, wow was I tired when I left only had a 5 hour shift lol but was terrific to be returning to some sort of normality with my life again, was lovely to see everyone again and I had that many people welcome me back I was not only tired when I left but left on a high as well. 😃 normality returns well what the normal reality is now. 😃 hope everyone else is fairing the same 😃

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @Glynnis Well done you! Don’t overdo things but that buzz you get when people are happy to see you certainly helps get through. Fatigue will continue so rest up well. Fantastic.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oh, that is excellent @Glynnis. Well done! Mxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What a great poat to read @Glynnis. Go you! K xox
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Good for you, well done and best wishes. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good news @Glynnis
  • Glynnis
    Thanks everyone i think its graat too hope you hope you are all well and feeling happy like me 😃 
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @Glynnis that is fantastic. The fatigue will hang about but just pace yourself. I’m 7 months in and can work a full day but not a full week. This week cause I have treatment tomorrow I’ve worked 4 in a row and am a bit shattered. When I work 2 and a day off and then the next 2 it’s not so bad
  • Glynnis
    @Sarnicad Thankyou I must admit I’m only two days in and yesterday I wasn’t as tired as day before, im lucky I only work 3 days part time, so I’ve changed things so I now work a Wednesday and Thursday with Friday off to recoup and then Saturday morning with Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off to really recoup think this will work well for me, it’s very similar to your self have that time to recoup and rest inbetween hope all is going well with your treatment 😃
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Fantastic and glad treatment is going well.