Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Second Brain Tumour in 5 months

DebbieMc
DebbieMc Member Posts: 42
Hi everyone, I posted about secondary breast cancer which spread to the brain 5yrs after a mastectomy, hysterectomy, chemo & radiation. I had an MRI on Monday & have been told that this second tumour has grown in the last 8 weeks, I'm seeing the Radiologist tomorrow & the Surgeon on Tuesday. Apparently chemo is out due to this being secondary cancer which has metastised & operating or radiation will cause permanent brain damage for my right side this time. I'm still depending on the right side to walk as my left leg hasn't properly come good since the first tumour was removed in October.
Has anyone been in this position of a tumour in the brain growing & if so, what course of treatment did they do? How did it affect you, I don't know what full radiation to the brain does either but was told it causes brain damage. Thanks if you can help.

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hi @DebbieMc. I can't offer any thoughts on this. I'm just coming up to 4 years since my early BC diagnosis. I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm sorry to hear this, & that you're having to make such hard decisions. 
    Hugs to you
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Sending hugs and best wishes @DebbieMc, you are having a very tough time of it. I hope you get some good advice on Tuesday. Stay strong xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    All the best tomorrow and Tues, you are in my thoughts xxx
  • DebbieMc
    DebbieMc Member Posts: 42
    @lrb_03 Thank you & good wishes for the all clear on your upcoming 4th year.