Night Howls

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Sleep well @Zoffiel - you've earned it  xx  All the best with the results xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Positively slippery @Zoffiel
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It's the combination image of the roast cooking domestic goddess with the shiny hair swinging the chainsaw that kills me. Good to hear you smiling!! 
  • kmakm
    edited April 2019
    @kezmusc @Blossom1961 @Kiwi Angel  I do the slow doona acclimatisation now. It helps sometimes with that getting into bed hot flush. I'm using my chilly towel (yup, naked sleeper, do it gets draped all over my torso and thighs!).

Really it's just a series of small things to alleviate the unpleasantness of it all. Medical menopause sucks. Almost as much as breast cancer... 
  • kmakm
    Your day sounds exhausting @Zoffiel, on top of an exhausting night. I do my thrashing and moaning usually at the beginning of the night. And it is actually thrashing as I try to find a position which eases the aches and pains, and moaning in the form of me saying "For f**k's sake", night after night...

Hope the roast was good. I did a 7 hour slow roasted leg of lamb last Sunday. Delicious. K xox
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    My turn. Brain was turned off but sleep is elusive.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    And here we go again. Wide awake and aching.
    After 3 hours sleep and 90 minutes of thrashing it seems its all over.  So, I'm having a camomile tea and a 'medicinal Muscat' while resisting the urge to sneak outside and have a ciggie--which I hardly ever do because it makes me feel disgusting. ( why the urge at 2:30 am?) Just perverse. The Energiser bunny and the hound are snoring in concert.
    At least my hair is shiny....
  • Blossom1961
    @Zoffiel You could go outside and let the moon reflect off your hair. Would make a lovely picture!
  • Zoffiel
    I could go outside and scream at the possums while beating their favourite tree with a rake--all the while gleaming softly in the moonlight.
  • Blossom1961
    That works!
  • Blossom1961
    Or you could go outside the energiser bunnies window and the moons reflection would wake him up and you could have a second muscat with company.
  • Blossom1961
    On second thoughts, don’t bother. He would probably be grumpy.

• Zoffiel
    No, he wouldn't be grumpy, but I'm not up for the alternative :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    But at least your hair looks good and you're going to be warm and toasty with all that firewood.