Night Howls

Comments

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Hey there @Zoffiel, let's hope this white blood cell situation is soon resolved. In my case, every time I have a blood test, there's always something out of whack. Creatinine up, or platelets down, neutrophils .5, yes, that's point five, (even after finishing chemo almost two years ago. Liver shit up this, that and the other down. No explanation, but at least now, my medicos don't go diving down rabbit holes, chasing the cause, unless there are three in a row (weekly, not daily). It seems that, who knows what, stuffs up all sorts of things, and mostly they are self rectifying. I realise that this is me, and you are you, but I truly hope it's nothing more concerning than a minor blip, such as an infection. Platitudes such as "Don't worry" are not needed, as obviously you will worry until they get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, go sit in your river, chop wood, kick (or cuddle) the Hound and pour yourself something yummy, as we wouldn't want you dehydrating on top of it all. 
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Hi @Zoffiel. I had white cell problems all through chemo, and still do.   On aromatase now and  apparently that does mess around with cell counts, take temperature and don't stand near snuffly sneezing people. J
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @Romla hmm that’s an interesting side effect.  My gp was going over my last lot of bloods and mentioned my white cell count was down something  else to torture my onc with!  

@Zoffiel hope you’re feeling better soon

@Blossom1961 keep them coming the darker the humour the better these days. No one else gets me anymore so your sense of humour appeals
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2019
    Really bad insomnia lately. I get all sleepy, start to drift off, turn over to get comfy and then can't fall sleep. Thank goodness for pain killers  The bone ache from my knees down at night is a shocker. I've got the Sleepo app going with my personal mix of rain and forest sounds (thanks @SoldierCrab). I tend to alternate between that and a Headspace night time meditation. But even the Slow Train (I love the Slow Train) didn't work last night. Throw in my niece and nephew geting up and down to the loo all night, my 19yo coming in late, the dogs faffing about and the possums leaping onto the water tank outside my window and it's a miracle I get any sleep at all. And let's not forget about the peeing, the cramps and the bloody hot flushes...  How on earth do people do it?? I'm so tired I don't even have an eyelid twitch anymore (blepherospasm!). Now I have a cheek twitch. It's just insulting!

Sweet dreams Howlers...
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kmakm hope u managed to drift off and get some sleep. xo
  • kmakm
    @Kiwi Angel Eventually thank you S!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    OMG @kmakm. It all sounds horrid!! I hope you manage to get a better nights sleep tonight xx
  • kmakm
    Me too! Thanks @Doodoo. K xox
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Hugs @kmakm 🤗
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @kmakm Not good little sister. Shoot the kids, dogs and possums. Kick off those blankets, put on the air con, sleep on a bed pan, take a double dose of pain killers and sleeping tablets. Maybe you might get in a couple hours anyway. Big hugs xxx. Didi
  • kmakm
    edited April 2019
    @Blossom1961    :*
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hmmmm.....drugs?????  Restavit is pretty good.  Going to bed drunk also helps :smiley:

Seriously though, if your a naked sleeper like me, try draping the cold towel over your bare shoulders? That works, especially if you have the fan on.  Although my flushes are no longer nuclear there still a pain in the ass at bed time. There is a little routine I use to not getting hot and sweaty in bed (and that's not in a good way either disappointingly).  I start with the sheet only on my lower legs, wait till I am cold, then move it up a bit and so on and so on. If I am getting coolish just with a sheet on  I then do the same thing with the blanket.
     I still find if the sheet/blanket gets to my shoulders, instant hot. Same if I pull the covers up as soon as I get into bed. Bloody flushes.  Aaagghhhh.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @kezmusc Yep, I do the same thing with the bedcovers. Often the blanket only gets as far as my waist. Any higher and I get another hot flush. And forget up to my neck. Instant hot flush, even if it is a really cold night.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kezmusc the only good night sleep I get are because I’m drunk or taking a sleeping tablet - can’t even nap to combat the tiredness anymore. I saw a pillow the other day that had a cooling area in it and was seriously tempted to get it given last nights night sweats!!

i find now I rarely have a flush during the day - I have had 1 today. They are more likely if I’m stressed - the minute I try to sleep though the night sweats kick in  :/
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Woke up at 3, did mad thrashing and moaning until 5, got up and walked, then waited until the pathology dudes were open (fasting bloods, grrrr) aquarobics, finished a job application then spent 4 hours swinging a chainsaw scavenging firewood out of bloody windrows--those in the know, know that sucks. Clambering around getting stabbed by sticks. I'm tired now. It's wine time and I'm cooking a roast. Superwoman will pay for this big time tmoz.