Invitation to participate in a Melbourne-based focus group about breast care nursing

Lisa_BCNA
Lisa_BCNA Staff Posts: 140
edited April 2019 in Community news and events

Hi all,

The McGrath Foundation is running an informal focus group for four or five women who've been diagnosed with DCIS or early breast cancer in the past five or so years. 

At the focus group, the McGrath Foundation will discuss an updated model of care for breast care nursing they have been developing and will ask for any thoughts and any feedback you have.  been
undertaking a review the model of care for breast care nursing. 

They are
looking for four or five women who have been diagnosed with breast
cancer to attend an informal focus group / workshop
to share their thoughts and perspectives.

The focus group will take place on Monday, 29 April
from 6pm to 7pm at the Breast Cancer Network Australia office (293
Camberwell Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124).

If you would be interested in participating and would be
available on Monday, 29 April from 6pm to 7pm, it would be great
if you could  email me on lmorstyn@bcna.org.au

There are only five spots
open at this time, so it’s first in, best dressed!

Many thanks,
Lisa

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Hi Lisa. I'm interested and have sent an email. Sometimes my emails to BCNA fail to get through though, so I thought I should let you know here that I've sent one. Cheers, Kate
  • Lisa_BCNA
    edited April 2019
    Thanks so much @kmakm! Your email did not come through for some reason so I've just sent you a private message. We really appreciate your help. cheers, Lisa 

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Would love to be involved, but unfortunately not in Melbourne 
  • Teigra
    Teigra Member Posts: 21
    hello Lisa,
    Do you still require participants for the focus group, if so i can attend. Regards Ged
  • Lisa_BCNA
    Thanks so much @Irb_03. Unfortunately for this particular project, the focus group will be held in Melbourne.

@Teigra - thanks so much for your interest in participating. We still have a few spots open. I have just sent you a private message with more information.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @Lisa_BCNA You would get a better mix of info if you did an on-line survey. Maybe in the future?
  • Lisa_BCNA
    edited April 2019
    @Blossom1961, thanks so much for your message and suggestion.

Just by way of background - the project to update the model of breast care nursing is being run by the McGrath Foundation and has involved consultations with Australians affected by breast cancer, health professionals who provide support and care to people diagnosed with breast cancer and other stakeholders over the past year or so. The focus group on Monday is just one component of the broader study and project.  

Warm regards,
    Lisa
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Thank you Lisa. I guess I am just thinking of the many different experiences people on this forum have found with their McGrath nurses, from brilliant to non responsive. Hopefully the foundation gets the full range so that they can change and train where necessary.