Night Howls

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Great to hear you are feeling better whilst off the big T @JJ70  What is your choice of tabs after the hols??  

Just getting some normality back in your life, including the flicker of libido must be so wonderful for both of you.  And sleep! Glorious SLEEP!  YAY!  

Looking forward to seeing your interview!!  It should be gloriously honest,

enjoy your break on the east coast and catching up with the girls in Melbourne!

Happy Easter

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    It is a big surgery @Kiwi Angel so yes, much to think about. 
    Not at home atm @arpie but think they are called Sandoz from memory...don't trust that though!!
    Sleep makes such a difference. I no longer resemble Oscar the Grouch.

The interview will be edited and meshed with 10 other womens' not all were positive diagnoses - just eomen advocating mammography and addressing 4 main reasons why women don't go.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My bloods are all fucked up; cholesterol through the roof  ( don't really care about that) but my white cells have plummeted. That is not good. Protein is like it was during chemo. I'm so over all this. More tests this week. I don't know if I can be bothered.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited April 2019
    Shit! @Zoffiel When are you having the tests?  I don't know what it means for white cells to take a dive but I'm guessing that it could as easily be minor reasons as well as major.  

Worth howling and growling about so go for it.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Hopefully it's just an infection . I guess further tests will tell the tale
    Best wishes
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    That's no good, why does it always happen on weekends and holidays? As @iserbrown days, it may just be caused by an infection. Best to do the tests though. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's a bugger, @Zoffiel - have you changed any of your meds in recent weeks?  Or added any naturopath stuff?  Even over the counter vitamins & stuff can counter-indicate with prescribed meds.  

I hope you get your tests done asap and we all have our fingers & toes crossed for a simple solution xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Zoffiel Shit buckets M. So sorry you're having to deal with more health drama. I get the attraction of ignoring it. Do what's best for you. Big hug, K xox
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Bugger Bugger Bugger @Zoffiel   Really hope you sort it out soon.  xo
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh Zoffiel I am sending you energy to do what you need to do so there is resolution to the low white cells 

Hugs 
    Soldiercrab 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Zoffiel I was going to suggest you bleach some of those red blood cells you have but decided against it because people will say I am too flippant. But at least bleach kills germs! Sorry, can’t help myself. I am sending big hugs though. 💕
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    So sorry to hear this @Zoffiel, you seemed to be going along pretty well there for a while. The cholesterol goes up with AIs, right? What are you on?  I haven't seen anything about the white blood count being affected. As others have said, maybe some other hidden infection.

I understand completely about being over it all. I haven't posted here for quite a while, the last few weeks have been too blecchh and as you say, you get to a point where it's just a case of "who cares"? Why burden others with it? But then I guess that is what we are here for - to find some level of understanding and support from the only "others" who seem to give a damn, namely each other. I don't know what it is, but those closest to me seem barely interested. Over it, I guess. I could write a not-very-funny short story about recent conversations and behaviours. I can't say how grateful I am  to two of my BCNA buddies who have reached out in the past week or so.

I've had neck, hip/lower back pain over past few weeks, so bad for a few days I could hardly get out of bed in the morning, hip/back  has subsided a lot but neck is still pretty bad. "Probably just the Femara" say the loved ones, experts that they are.  Meanwhile GP said I couldn't have another cholesterol test because I had the last one within the past year ... likewise no tumour marker test ... Medicare won't pay for it .... Decided to change oncologist and go to a new Cancer Center. And for the very first time in all this it has been clearly stated that I am "very high risk", it has been written on my record and I am being sent for new scans late next week. Not that I hadn't worked out for myself that I was "high risk" but I wish that had been stated clearly way back at the beginning. Actually I am feeling hugely relieved because whatever the outcome I will be a step closer to knowing how to deal with whatever is coming up here, feels like planetary alignments or something. And if it's nothing, that's great.

Sorry, I  really didn't mean to make this about me ... just wanted to say good grief - here we go again - I am thinking of you @Zoffiel and will be sending you all possible best wishes. And BTW @Blossom1961 I don't think anyone minds those flippant moments, wry laughter from the peanut gallery is just fine. Love and kindness to everyone.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Don’t know if it helps @Zoffiel but just read abnormally low white cell count is a side effect of arimidex
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Yes, Romla, you are right, just looked in WebMD and abnormally low white blood cell count is listed as a "rare" side effect of both Arimidex and Letrozone. In that case, it's probably true of the other AIs as well. How do they know it's that and not something else though? Here's hoping ... 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Thanks ladies, your support(and humour) is much appreciated. Marg xxx