The Secret Suckiness Of Life After Breast Cancer

Comments

• Summer Prevails
    Summer Prevails Member Posts: 82
    @arpie I am scared of eyebrow tattooing, even the new fancy microblading style can go hideously wrong. Don’t google image microblading gone wrong lol! It’s weird because a lot of people have insecurities about their appearance without being affected by cancer at all. And yet when cancer does alter your body in a permanent way, it’s so completely unjust and sort of surreal. So it seems like it’s even harder to deal with. Whereas if I had always had thin patchy brows, I’d probably be fine with it! Sigh. 

You just really miss what you had once it’s gone I guess. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Very few people are comfortable talking about life and death. A life threatening illness (forget the 'fraud') brings on these thoughts and it can really help to turn them into proper conversations. Otherwise they just stew around in your brain. There's nothing wrong with them at all, they are part of change and change is essential for growth, but they can make others uncomfortable and discomfort often means switching off. However rage and depression don't lend themselves to resolution all that well - talking to an empathetic stranger (no judgment, no pack drill, no discomfort) may be beneficial. Half the time we don't need to be told the answers, we just need the right climate to talk things through ourselves to the helpful conclusions. Best wishes. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Summer Prevails What a thoughtful response. And my response to that is, I suppose. I have no way of knowing if you're right, which is of course, what you're saying. Maybe one day I'll recover some joie de vivre, maybe not. Only time will tell.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    My 14 yo said something to me a week or so ago...  "Mum, you said to us a long time ago that if you're feeling sad and you make yourself smile or think positively when you can, you can change your mood.  It really works, doesn't it?"  I've always tried to do it but it has certainly been harder over the last 12 months.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Goodness you're not a fraud!
    Sometimes family and friends seem not to be on your page. It's not intentional usually they have a tale or comparo they think you need to know. Dear oh dear! That's where this forum helps as we understand and get it. 
    Perhaps some counselling may give you some coping mechanisms.
    Stage or grade is different for all and isn't for comparison.  Hey it's cancer

Take care and don't let it eat you as you are still you 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    So so tired. Don’t wanna do. Sigh. Push through. Maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. One day I will feel less tired. One day I will also feel less fatigued. The light is there at the end of the tunnel. But sometimes the tunnel seems so long. Hugs to all you lovelies. I know a lot of you are struggling with the same. 💕
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Spent the morning fighting Atrial Fibrillation. I had only woke up, took my heart pill with a glass of water and went to the loo and it hit. Hours later and a second pill and I finally got it under control but blimey, I hadn't done anything to bring it on at all. Getting that way I am not wanting to get out and do anything any more in case I snuff it. I wish they would just fix the stupid thing. Having two heart beats at once is not fun.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Brenda5

That's no way to live! 
    Sounds like in this instance you couldn't identify a trigger.
    Hopefully at your next appointment you can express your concerns and find a solution. 

Best wishes
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Hi @Brenda5, from the position of someone who hasn't had that happen in 3 years, it can improve! I've had the cardioversion (electric shock), the medications and now I am just on betablockers and blood thinners. My cardiologist and I don't fancy ablation (not yet anyway!). My heart rate is steady, not fast and my oncologist (who worried me by taking an eternity reading my pulse last week) says that it's almost not definable as AF or an arrythmia any more!!  I've been lucky that I didn't get the palpitations/flight or fight feelings when in tachycardia, but even so, your pulse racing along can make you feel very uncomfortable. I initially worried that this irregularity was snuff stuff!  I had a regularly irregular heartbeat for decades before bc, it's quite common and not a problem, and I may be actually heading back to that state. You are correct, it's not fun but maybe fixable. Best wishes.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Blossom1961 Oh that is so true.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I NEVER fantasise about that!