Ummm ........ has anyone else had their first chemo treatment deferred?

Options
Scaredycat
Scaredycat Member Posts: 61
edited April 2019 in Health and wellbeing
Well I didn’t expect to get sick & on antibiotics the week of my first chemo treatment ...... it should have been today but is now scheduled for a fortnight’s time. I have had a lot of personal stress this year & especially last week which has obviously taken a toll on me.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if I’m just special for all the wrong reasons? Lol. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Happened for my first treatment - deferred initially because of a significant seroma (fluid on the mastectomy site) and then nearly deferred again because of an infection (almost certainly from the seroma). So had my first A/C in hospital, while on antibiotics! Certainly special 😊, but it never happened again, and I never had any problems with blood test results either. Finally got rid of the seroma and recurrent infections after chemo was all over. As far as I know, made no difference to anything - good luck next time. 
  • Scaredycat
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Thanks @Afraser . You certainly went through the wars with the seroma & infection.
    It does feel very weird at missing the chemo & annoying at getting so sick, so close to it. I haven’t been this sick for quite a while.
    However, on a positive note, it gives me more time to prepare as I was feeling very unprepared re my household, property, fur kids & essentials.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It sounds like it's been deferred for good reason.  You want to be going into it as healthy as you can.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Agree need to be as good as one can. It will give your body a chance to catch up and for you to prepare as home life still needs attention, washing cooking et cetera 
    Take care and best wishes 
  • Scaredycat
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I’m must be very run down, I’ve woken up to a cold sore emerging. I think I had better go have a chat with a chemist today re an antiviral tablet. My immune system seems to have either crashed or has gone haywire.
  • Belgrave14
    Belgrave14 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Do you do the Ristempa injection 24 hours after Chemo? That seems to be working for me at the moment, sorry you have had such a rough ride.