Interesting phone call

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
I received five missed calls from the same number this am. As I didn’t recognise the number I ignored it. This afternoon I received another call from the same number. A lady asked my name then said she had the wrong number. Five minutes later she rang back and demanded to know why I rang her husband. “What is his name?” She wouldn’t tell me but informed me my number came up on his phone (ahh, she suspects him of having an affair). I asked her when this phone call took place and she informed me it was Sunday at 2:40pm and that he may of rung me instead of the other way around. She then agreed to give me his name which I can’t pronounce. I informed her that if he rang I hadn’t answered the phone as I was with my Breast Cancer support group. Silence.........”oh sorry”. 
My question is this, which one of the last four ladies that were there on Sunday pinch my phone to ring a married man? You are so sprung. LOL

Comments

• DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    What the heck! that's so bizarre, did your phone call a number at 2.40pm or maybe she just put a digit wrong....anyway if your phone did make a call it was not me.
     :) 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Did someone ring their partner to be picked up ???? from your phone 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Trolling phone scammers is probably norty. Though I'm not sure why that should be so :)
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Not guilty, yer 'onor! That is so funny @Blossom1961 🤣
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Well that is bizarre !! But it wasn't me !!!!!:) 
    One husband is enough !!!
  • Amanda_StKilda
    Amanda_StKilda Member Posts: 10
    I don’t currently have a husband but I certainly don’t want someone else’s 🤭
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Looks like none of us is the guilty party! I'm suspicious about such calls (once bitten!) so I am with @Zoffiel on this one, possibly a scam. 
  • Blossom1961
    Well she now has her friends ringing from the pub and giving me the no talk treatment. If it continues I will text the number which is apparently her husbands and tell him to speak to her.
  • Blossom1961
    But it is funny in a sad kinda way.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Not me either! How utterly bizarre.
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    If the number rings again just block it. I don't know that I'd send a text, might be opening more than a can of worms. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is stalking!!!  Whilst your original post was funny at the end ..... this can be serious.

can you not block HER number .... hmmm  messaging may make it worse ... block them all.

I wonder if there is any way of locating who she is with (Telstra etc) and contact THEM to intervene?

So sorry this is happening to you.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yep, block the number.  Certainly, don't text or ring it from your phone.
  • Blossom1961
    Two of the numbers I blocked. The others were hidden and came up unknown so my phone cannot block them. I haven’t had any more calls during the night or since so hopefully we are done and dusted.
  • Blossom1961
    I so love you ladies. Such an awesome group. Give yourselves a big hug from me. 💕