Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Ow! Haa it done that before or is it a new injury @Zoffiel?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I hope that improves soon! I simply avoid doing perfectly normal things in yoga (sitting on my heels, for example) as my knees threaten to pop. I don't think it's letrozole, things were moving suspiciously in that direction beforehand. A doctor once told me I wasn't getting old, just bits of me. My knees are clearly leading the field.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Reminded of the sunscreen song..."Look after your knees - you'll miss them when they're gone".
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I've been ducking and weaving and dodging a knee replacement for a few years now. It will ache and grind and throb and I'll obsess about it for a few weeks then something else will eclipse it. All this shits me after a pretty good couple of weeks. Basically, I'm sulking.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    @Zoffiel,

Sulk away lovely.  I liken my body to a car now.  What was once a realiable, tough, strong unfailing landcruiser is now more like my jeep.  It's for getting around in needing constant repairs, servicing and maintenance.  LOL
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Maintenance is good @kezmusc 😊.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    It's whatever works - who said we have to be conventional!  
    I don't remember reading the fine print or being told that Letrozole/Femara causes aches in places that I didn't know could ache, bone pain and sleep deprivation.
    At present I am limited, after major surgery, however, the few exercises I am able to do from the Physio I am giving it a go!
    Little did I realize all those aerobic classes, step classes where towards the end of the class we would do a cool down on a mat and just pop up on my feet afterwards - never realized how good that ability was! 

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Zoffiel I hate that my body constantly betrays me now - after the major betrayal of trying to kill me!!

@Sister took your advice but had too many beers last night - feeling it today. 

Also so my father in laws birthday today - he passed away of prostate cancer about 6 years ago. Shitty couple of days. 

Appointment went well. I knew it was a big surgery but even bigger than I expected. Just need to decide how much I want a new boob. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Make haste slowly @iserbrown ... hope you are back on your feet soon. xx

@Kiwi Angel gosh - I don't envy you your decision making.   Can you take your time to make the decision?  Maybe even delaying it for a little while, or until you are feeling ready for it?

All the best, take care xx

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Yeah, I don't know how much I'd want another boob either @Kiwi Angel

It would be great if they'd just materialise, but they don't. There is a shitload of slicing, dicing and relocating involved, huge disruption and potential for complications. I don't envy you having to make that decision. I guess you just have to follow your heart and do what feels right for you.

I used to worry about how my appearance would impact my personal life. 13 years later, having made not so good choices, I realise that anyone worth my energy won't give a toss. So in the end, it is and should be, all about what you want.
  • Kiwi Angel
    I can book in whenever I want and going by the out of pocket costs I won’t be doing it for awhile if I decide to go ahead. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Hi All,
    Being off the BIG T has been lovely. 
    My husband says he has his wife back - and geez I even have a flicker of libido! (Just a flicker mind you - don't get too excited there husband)
    Joint and muscle pain has eased, but not entirely gone.
    Sleep is the most noticeable difference. I actually sleep through most of the night - most nights. I am quite disorientated when I wake up from first morning light (what's this day light coming through the window and I am still in bed??)
    Perhaps being on holidays has relaxed me as well and I am sleeping better as stress is lower.
    Will continue on a new brand after school holidays finishes.

BreastScreen WA has a new advertising campaign for social media and posters in their clinics. I was asked to be a part of it and was videoed for 20 minutes, answering various questions - felt like being on that show 'You Can't Ask That!' sitting on a stool, talking into a camera, bright lights. Can't remember a damn thing I said - hopefully it wasn't gobbleydeegook.

Mad nutter running around today to sort holiday over East.

Heading off to country NSW tomorrow on a family holiday to visit some dear friends, then drive from Tathra to Shepparton to see some more dear friends then a drive to Melbourne and one little sneak-peek afternoon to see some more dear friends: @kmakm and co

@Kiwi Angel what recon do you think you will go with - in the future? What are your options?
    Hope you are all well - or well enough here. I am not up with all of your latest - shall need to read a few pages back.
    Love to you all. xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Now that would be an interesting "You can't ask that" episode!  Enjoy your break @JJ70.  I'm off to the beach for a few days today.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @JJ70 he is looking at lateral dorsi with an expander and some of my own tissue but apparently even though I feel huge I don’t have enough fat for a full boob and he can’t use my muffin top. Such a huge surgery so I’m undecided.