Night Howls

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    @JJ70,  Love those breaks!  Enjoy lovely.  @Kiwi Angel how long have you been on it now?
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kezmusc about 10 months now. I can’t complain really. Most of my symptoms are really just general menopausal but without the easing into it. I do have some joint pain in my feet and ankles and if I stop for too long I hobble round like an old woman for about 5 minutes until I move freely again. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Sigh! Being awake during the night isn’t the problem. It is staying awake during the day after.
  • Kiwi Angel
    I miss sleep - that real sleep u used to have when u would doze off and then be woken up by your alarm. Now I’m generally waking up so wide awake at 3am or some stupid time thinking it must be time to get up!  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sleep?  What's that?  Is that a real thing?
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Sleep is a unicorn
  • Kiwi Angel
    Just burst into tears at the mall cause hubby told me that his colleagues daughters cancer has spread (she just had surgery and is yet to start chemo) and they have found spots on the liver. A little close to home - going to see a reconstruction surgeon this afternoon and just email yelled back at a doctor in response to his response to my complaint about my surgeon. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    So sorry to hear of your friend's daughter's liver diagnosis @Kiwi Angel.  Hopefully they are small & can be contained with treatment, even shrunk or gone completely.  That happened to a friend who was 12 years post BC surgery.  She is now NED for the liver!  And  apparently a part of the liver may even be removed & the patient still be fine.  

All the best for your appointment this afternoon.  Sounds like the Dr deserved the 'email yelled' back at him!  ;) 
  • Kiwi Angel
    @arpie thanks love - just abit of an emotional day xo
  • Kiwi Angel
    The reconstruction surgeon is in the same building where I had chemo so started weeping again. I’m really not having a good day!!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Understandable! Try and think of a dumb joke or your favourite song so that you can zone out of those dreaded memories 
    Wishing you all the best for your appointments
    Take care 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Kiwi Angel Oh dear Steph! Big hug lovey. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Thanks guys. Having abit of a weepy day. All the events of last year have just been slapping me in the face all day!!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Those days do come - slap it back then find something important to do like a glass of wine and a good book.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    There's been some face slapping  here too. I went back to bed at 2pm yesterday and I'm still here. Surrounded by empty mugs and plates. Ive been trying to up my activity levels, particularly on any day I'm not working, and it all came undone at about 11:15 yesterday during my yoga class. I was trying to get up off my mat without crawling and rolling and my knee went pop. I'm so disgusted with my body, the bloated treacherous piece of rubbish that it is.