Is that right? Did you really say that?

1171819202123»

Comments

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    @AllyJay Lmao. Baileys is my tipple too. Bkinkin typo.. I was once irate about something and wanted to type something that rhymes with duck.. It wouldn't let me write it so in the end I left it at duck  Made a very funny rant  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    A long time friend who was used to all the dramas being about her, cut herself off from our group at the same time the others rallied around me.  I have no idea if I was the reason, but the timing was right - she doesn't associate with any of us anymore (after between 35 & 55 years of friendship with various members of our group).
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Siater Extraordinary. Has anyone from your group asked her about it?
  • Blondy
    @Sister Similar story different circumstances. About (grab a drink) 26 years ago after knowing Narelle for a few years as a client and forming a friendship she dropped me and her few remaining friends like a hot potato. She didn't have any friends or anyone that cared about her other than a group of 5 Saturday ladies at my salon. Every few weeks we'd travel near and far for very long fun filled lunches. Everyone was upset after all of the support we always gave her  Her mother and daughter were problematic and she had a lovely ex who was very generous to her. Since that day no one heard from her even though we tried to contact her. (get a gin and tonic) Two weeks ago I was at a nursing hone where I still do the hair of one of my clients. Another one of my clients was there for respite and as I went past the doors looking for her name  there was Narelles on the door. This week I knocked on the door and visited her. Poor devil, she said to me  you've got lovely teeth  mine are in the bathroom. Her hair was one of those mindless haircuts that will never be seen outside of the walls.. Her memory was a bit jaded. Maybe that was a blessing but couldn't help feeling compassion for her  I now have someone I can offload my hand creams and toiletries I get in abundance as she bemoaned the fact she had very little. I'll visit her every week now  when I go to do my clients hair. So whatever happened all those years ago shall remain a mystery.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    That's very sad @Blondy
  • Blondy
    @kaymakm you're right it is sad. It couldn't be any worse for her so if I can bring any sunshine into her life I will. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    We tried, and one of the others(who has known her since their first day of school) tried a lot harder but she's long been known for her dramatics - I honestly didn't have the energy for the bullshit.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    For the second time in two days, someone has commented on my use of a parasol and an umbrella in the sun.
    The first time was yesterday at my local post office. The person serving me noticed my parasol, which I had placed in front of him on the counter. He sarcastically said that it wasn't raining and I was being hopeful. 
    So, I removed my hat, said that I  was bald and was on I.V. chemo. so I  needed to be extra careful in the sun. He was dumbstruck.
    Today, after trying to buy my injection, for tomorrow, I  was walking to my car under an umbrella. The man walking behind me commented that it wasn't  raining. I turned around to him, took off my beanie and very calmly told him that I  was bald and had just had I.V. chemo. I really embarrassed him because he couldn't stop apologizing.
    I also couldn't pick up my injection, ready for tomorrow, because the pharmacist had forgotten to order it. I have been getting it from the same pharmacy every month for the last two years. The pharmacist tried to make me feel better by offering me a cheap calendar which I  politely refused.
    I had to make another appointment with my G.P. for tomorrow which means I miss out on doing my exercise class.
    Not happy!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    You need a parasol with a nice sharp pointy tip on it. One you can brandish while snarling 'En Garde, you mindless twitsack.' Mxx
  • Blondy
    I have to admit that I daily see things that make me "wonder'. I have never been a person to make any comment  especially to a stranger. I have with age, and since my own diagnosis, instantly think when I 'wonder', that you just don't know what's going on in that person's life and silently which them well or if I can, be kind. Anyway Patti I love how you handled them