Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Kisqali

Glynnis
Glynnis Member Posts: 353
edited April 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
So just dropped my script for Kisqali off at my local chemist they tell me they can’t get, so where do I get it from? Where does everyone else get it from? 

Comments

• maggie14
    maggie14 Member Posts: 22
    Hi Glynnis yes I found it hard , was told no  from my chemist but after some hard talking they did some research and was able to order in from a supplier in Sydney [ I live in  Melbourne]. I take my script in go back about 3 days later.
    They can get it  for you they just have to try harder.  In other words they need to pull their finger out. 
    Sorry just makes cross that we have to battle so hard to get it.
    Hope they listen to you , let us know how you go.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    @Glynnis. I take Palbociclib. I have to get it from the hospital where I  did my chemotherapy. My local pharmacist won't stock it because it is so expensive.
    I also don't  get a prescription. My oncologist works with the hospital pharmacist to procure it.
  • Glynnis
     Thankyou @maggie14 I have found a chemist about 10 minutes away that already has a customer on it that can get it, only problem is it won’t be in till Friday 😞 so might try the hospital for the first dose, then I’ll  go back to my chemist and see if they can try again to get it other wise they going to lose my custom. 
    @Patti J Thankyou I’m thinking I’ll go to hospital this first time so can get it earlier going to ring my oncologist to see what she suggests tomorrow 
  • maggie14
    maggie14 Member Posts: 22
    Glynnis glad that you are on track to get some ok.
    Good luck with it and I hope that it works well for you.
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    I always have to give my chemist 5 days notice in order to get it in time as they always have to order it in for me. I just use the medadvisor app on my phone and order it on my week off ready for the next cycle.

• Glynnis
    @Kattykit Thankyou have just downloaded the app will have a look at it, can I ask where you are located? I’m in Melbourne. So doesn’t it just get sent to your local chemist is that how it works?
  • Glynnis
    Hahaha now the app won’t load properly hahaha
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    It's absurd that it's so hard. Utterly ridiculous. This is the most common cancer in Australia. I hope you can get it all happening smoothly @Glynnis. K xox
  • Kattykit
    @Glynnis, I'm in Perth, I think it comes from Canberra, I can just go to the chemist, I use terrywhite chemmart, but they still have to order it in, they don't keep it in stock as it's not something that everyone needs like high blood pressure meds. I'm just lazy, I do everything online, saves me a trip to the chemist just to order it, you will need to give your script to your local pharmacist first up, I really didn't explain it very well did I? They will order it in, then you can leave the script with them and when it's due use the app or call them at least 5 days before the next cycle so they have time to order it in. I'm sorry not to be clearer first up, I blame it on the drugs. :|
  • Kattykit
    Did you all hear that palbociclib is finally going to be on the PBS starting in May. It's great news finally for all the people paying thousands a month for it.
  • Glynnis
    Thankyou everyone, I’m off this morning to chat to my local chemist about it again to see if they willing to help and order from a different supplier if not I’m going else where, it should be easy you would think to get your meds I understand it has to be ordered which is fine but why is it so hard to just get your meds. Very frustrating just something none of us need.
  • Glynnis
    Just an update the hospital is ordering it for me so at least I can get started then next time order it from the chemist 😃
  • Marieda
    Marieda Member Posts: 18
    @Glynnis I am sorry you have had such difficulty ordering your kisqali.  I am lucky in that my pharmacy seems able to get it in the next day.  I am in the Southern Highlands of NSW so maybe it does not have so far to be delivered.    It is a large cost to the pharmacy, over $5000 to lay out until the prescription is made up, then they get their refund.   Could be why some are reluctant to order it in, and being so new on the pbs they may just not be familiar with it.   
  • Glynnis
    @Marieda I went back to the chemist and said I could get it at a chemist in the next suburb because he can order it in from a different supplier and low and behold he made some phone calls and he can get it in for me, so the hospital is doing this months then I’ll go to him from there on, we think he put it in the too hard basket cause he moved pretty quick when I said they could get it and I didn’t want to take my business there when i had been here for years. Win win for me 😃😃
  • Marieda
    Marieda Member Posts: 18
    @Glynnis Good news.  You can do without the unnecessary stress of having to chase your meds around!   My first month on kisqali has been okay, I hope it goes well for you too. :)