Night Howls

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @JJ70 I agree - I did chemo to give me the best chance of no recurrence so if I can do that I can do this for another 4 years and 3 months. 

@Afraser I did look up cranberry and did see the warfarin thing. Another thing I read  said that it can help the way tamoxifen works!!  
  • Kiwi Angel
    Gorgeous @JJ70

I have so much work stress that my anxiety on Sunday night means temazepam doesn’t even work anymore!  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Two more weeks before the school holidays.  I'm hanging out for it as I'm struggling through the days at work.  I'm not sure if it's AI that's causing the fatigue, 16 months of poor sleep, or the after effects of chemo - a bit of all, most likely.  When can I retire????
  • Kiwi Angel
    I’m within with u @Sister. I’m taking 10 days off over Easter and I’m so excited. I’m ready to retire - u fortunately lotto isn’t cooperating with me 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yeah - possibly would help if I bought a ticket :D
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    @JJ70,

Interesting re the hormone test.  I queried my onc and he says that there was no point until at least 3 years on Tamoxifen as test won't read true.  When I asked my gp she said hormone testing is incredibly hard to interperate and inaccurate while on the drug.  You should hopefully find you sleep better on your break. 

xoxoxoxo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    GORGEOUS pic, @JJ70 !!  Congrats!

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Thanks @arpie.

Interesting @kezmusc - I queried the accuracy of said hormone test with my onc too and she said that the estrogen levels in my body have not changed due to Tamoxifen - Tamoxifen just blocks the receptors from receiving the estrogen.......so my natural levels through menopause or peri-menopause will indeed be able to be tested whilst on it

@Sister I am hearing you - can't wait for school holidays. This term has been ore than a challenge. Struggling with a new role, fatigue and insomnia, along with muscle aches 24/7 has just about undone me.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Just had my regular blood test to test my oestradiol levels. Phlebotomist failed at first attempt in the right arm. Better luck on the left but I had to sit there for five minutes as my blood slowly dripped into the vial. He barely got enough. I have the pincushion vibe going on today.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    edited April 2019
    @JJ70

From breast cancer.org

Estradiol is the main form of estrogen found in premenopausal women. A normal level is 30-400 picograms per millileter (pg/mL), but after menopause, it falls below 30 pg/mL. If you’re taking tamoxifen, estrogen levels can be significantly increased above normal, so this test result may not give you an accurate picture of your status. One possible reason for the increased levels is that although tamoxifen acts against the effects of estrogen in breast tissue, it acts like estrogen in other tissue. However, we’re still not sure exactly why tamoxifen increases estradiol levels.

https://www.breastcancer.org/tips/menopausal/types/determine-status
  • JJ70
    OOhhh thanks @kezmusc......so it can produce higher results, not lower.

I suppose - without being medical, then if your results show low estrogen you can be pretty sure you are menopausal, but high results may mask being menopausal.
  • JJ70
    Been off the BIG T for 10 days now.....oh the sun is shining and the breeze is cool!! :#

Muscle aches are diminishing.....and SLEEP is improving.

Oh I am going to enjoy this month and live it up!!
  • JJ70
    @kezmusc....more interrogations regarding testing menopause whilst on the BIG T....

Blood test was also for  LH (Luteinising Hormone) and FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone) which are apparently the main indicators of menopausal status and not affected by Tamoxifen.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @JJ70 I had those hormones tested post chemo and it was confirmed I was menopausal. I would be so interested to see how I felt off tamoxifen - might talk to my oncologist about a break every now and then.