Anniversary

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    And it is a lovely herb @arpie.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @arpie Take two for Feb 25th!! At least you have now had your trial run with the traffic & your anxiety/nerves which SHOULD mean you will breeze through in a months time!! I must admit, my heart was in my mouth when I started reading your post & thought that "BUGGER etc" meant you got a bad result!! I am so relieved you only got dates mixed up & nice that it wasn't a total wasted of time & that you got to catch up with your family. xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Thanks @Anne65 - apologies for the fright ..... yep, gearing up for the same in 4 weeks!! grrr

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thank you @kmakm, for the support you've given me and all of us.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Today is the first anniversary of my last chemo infusion. I'm very glad to have 12 months between that day and this. My nails are past the end of my fingers for the first time, and there is only one last bit of chemo damage left in my right toenail. The one that grew to replace the one that fell off. When that finally grows long enough to cut the damage out I'll have a little party in my head. With fireworks!

I plan to never remember this date again. Whoo hoo!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kmakm happy anniversary. I have been thinking about all mine the last few months. I’m just about at the anniversary of my first chemo - can’t believe where I was a year ago. Now I’m just a bloated, sweaty blob  :|. U will have to go and get a mani and pedi to celebrate when the last of that nail goes. xoxoox
  • kmakm
    @Kiwi Angel Thank you. Good idea!
  • Sister
    It'll be good when all of those firsts are forgotten!
  • kmakm
    @Sister Won't it?!
  • arpie
    Another one, not to tick off, but to cross off, for good.

a tumultuous year @kmakm .... onwards and upwards xx

• arpie
    I am coming up to 1 year since the end of radiation ..... finishing the week of Easter last year - gee the year has flown!!
  • Sister
    A year ago I was crying because, with chemo brain, I put the wrong age on my daughter's birthday cake.  Things are a lot different this year.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @kmakm Today I had my yearly (minus two weeks) mammogram. Dr was booked in for next week to grope my feral non existent boob but the hospital cancelled it and then rebooked it for the end of the month. My good side was given the thumbs up by the mammography so no ultrasound needed. I had stress pills and chocolate with me just in case. I guess a glass of wine tonight is in order to celebrate this step. Then I can have another one after the BS consult on the 30th.