Night Howls

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @arpie - what a night. Hopefully not a repeat tonight. 

I hwve heard of her - have a few American lawyer friends and she is abit of an idol to them. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Thanks @kiwiangel, me too!   There was no way it could come in from the outside & no way it could get in from the inside ..... we'll just have to see what happens!  Hopefully nothing!

This is the link to the Ruth Ginsberg documentary - I found the whole documentary rather intriguing.  Such a small, frail lady, with big opinions & a way of getting them listened to by the highest in the land - and she had a wonderful husband to support her!
    https://iview.abc.net.au/show/rbg
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Could have dozed for another hour but no, damn cat decides that it's time to wander around the house, trying to wake everybody up.  Once I'm up, pulling him out from under the chairs, there's no point trying to go back to sleep.  And today's going to be a long one.  Three more weeks until school holidays but who's counting?  ME!!!
  • arpie
    edited March 2019
    Have you tried earplugs @Sister ?  the soft ones I use are these .... they are brilliant - they close out all 'extra' noises, but you still hear someone talking to you and the fire alarm if it goes off .... and the alarm clock!

I didn't hear a thing last night - I took my temase & had the ear plugs in!  

Squish half of it into a small log & shove it into your ear - then use the tip of your little finger to ram them in firmly.  They take the shape of your ear & you hardly know they are there!

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2019
    I lay awake last night planning my end of drought gardening and watching two cyclones on the radar which are combining into a remarkable weather system. It will be too much all at once (if it does what it could) but the temp has finally dropped below 30 during the day so I got out and cleaned gutters--the only grass on the property was in them-- pulled out dead plants and did a critical assessment of what may be alive but too damaged to be viable.

On another topic,  my friend with the recurrence went home today after her double tit lopping on Wednesday. Going home on Sunday ain't a great plan. She has no idea what to do regarding her wounds and hasn't been sent home with either dressings or a HIH place, has moved beds three times and wards twice in four days and seems to have no continuity of care. It's very frustrating to watch.

She doesn't understand the system and it should not be up to her friends to have to sort this out. Surely it is not a cost effective process in the long run though it might be expedient at the time. The breast care nurses (who I trust with my life) won't be back on deck until Tuesday, I've already emailed them, but this is not good enough. Grrr.
  • arpie
    OMG - I feel for your friend!  Sounds like a shocking case of neglect!  :(   You are a good friend to be doing all you can to help her  xx

We've had some spits of rain - not enough - I just wish it would rain itself out at night to it's heart content!!  Mind you - that wouldn't suit the trucks!   Can't suit everyone!! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    How is your friend going @Zoffiel?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    To ground, it seems Kate. Her results probably came in yesterday and both she and her husband have been offline today. I'm guessing the dread  referral conversation is happening. I'm going to make pumpkin soup ( the back garden is covered in them) and Alice B Toklas' cookies and ask for permission to drop off a care package.
    I fucking hate this disease.
  • kmakm
    Same. So much it hurts. I hope your friend has a shot. If anyone could, with you in their corner, it'd happen. K xox
  • kmakm
    Just found out my best friend's sister has got 3 - 4 years to live. She had bowel cancer last year, thought it had been successfully treated but it's come back in her lungs. She's just turned 50.

My husband's sister died from a brain tumour at 53, my sister from BC at 47. Too. Many. Sisters.

I FUCKING HATE THIS FUCKING DISEASE
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    You & me both @kmakm! My bestie has just been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Breaks my heart. I just want to cry 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Doodoo @kmakm so sorry for what is happening to your friends and family. This disease is absolutely friggin cruel xoxoxox
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Thanks @Kiwi Angel. It’s so very friggin cruel x
  • kmakm
    That is heart breaking @Doodoo, I'm so, so sorry. It's going to be a hard time for you, look after yourself. K xox

Thank you @Kiwi Angel xox

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @kmakm and @Doodoo  my heart and thoughts go out to both of you.  <3   F**k this disease.