Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Bone biopsie

Glynnis
Glynnis Member Posts: 353
edited March 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi everyone beautiful day here in Melbourne hope your all having a fantastic weekend 😃
so my bone biopsie is tomorrow, anyone else had a bone biopsie? What should I expect?

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I would imagine there will be swelling after as anything to do with bone injury swells. Make sure you have some cold packs ready at home.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Thinking of you - one of my uke players had a bone biopsy last year (rib) - and she sailed thru it! xx

All the best for - big hugs coming your way xx
  • Glynnis
    Good idea @Brenda5 I have some in the freezer 😃
  • Glynnis
    @arpie I have two spots one in lower spin and one in pelvis I’m pretty sure they will biopsie my pelvis
  • Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    I have had a bone biopsy before. The radiologist that did mine does not like to sedate you, therefore relied on local anaesthetic which prevents any pain (and if you feel anything, they will inject more local for you). Your pelvis (and legs) will be in the CT machine so that they can be guided as to correct spot. For me, it didn't hurt, but the sound and feeling of the bone drill was mentally hard for me to handle. Also, the radiologist got annoyed at me because I kept involuntarily clenching my but check. I would have loved to see him do better!! I had three different pelvic spots biopsied. I think I was too obliging - if I had have complained they may have done less biopsies. Afterwards, you just feel a little bit bruised - no swelling (or if there was it was too deep to notice). Good luck Glynnis.
  • Glynnis
    @Lisa1407 Thankyou, put it this way I wouldn’t have done it without sedation, the drilling part didn’t worry too much but he got to a certain spot and the pain radiated down my leg so the put more pain meds in then it happened again so more pain meds then it was ok and all over thank goodness for that just wait for the results now. Oh and yes I have some swelling but pain still ok and under control
  • Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Good work Glynnis - you made it. I hope there are no surprises in the results!!

• Glynnis
    @Lisa1407 me too 😃