Nerlynx for Her2 + early stage breast cancer

Smellycrackle
Smellycrackle Member Posts: 21
edited March 2019 in General discussion
That is great news about Nerlynx.  I finished Herceptin in Jan 2018 - a bit over 12 months ago.  I have read that to be eligible for Nerlynx you have had to have had Herceptin in the last 12 months.  I know this is a new drug but has anyone heard whether survivors like myself who are a couple of months out of that 12 month period would still be allowed Nerlynx...  I do so hope so...
Tagged:

Comments

• kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    Hi @Smellycrackle I'd not heard of this drug. After reading your post I googled it. Do you know if you still take your AI's as well. I would qualify I think, I finished hercepton in October last year. I have an appointment with my Oncologist at the end of April I will ask him about it. Hopefully you to will be able to access it. The side effects don't sound to flash though.🤔
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Hi @Smellycrackle and @kmcin28 you may find the information on our website about Nerlynx helpful to aid your discussion with your oncologist for access to this drug.
    https://www.bcna.org.au/news/2019/03/bcna-welcomes-the-tga-s-approval-of-nerlynx-neratinib/

• kmcin28
    kmcin28 Member Posts: 63
    Thanks @Riki_BCNA for that information, that all sounds promising. I hope my Oncologist will be on board with discussing this option with me.
  • Smellycrackle
    Hi Ladies yes it is all very new out.  I am not sure about what other medications you can or cant take.  Thanks Riki I will read the link you sent.  Fingers Crossed...
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    There's also a new discussion  on here at the moment  with the old links. Here's the title below.

Good news for some .................new drug 

• Smellycrackle
    Thanks very much poodlejules -  I just found the link and read a the other ladies comments.  I have probably missed the boat also as I finished herceptin Jan 2018 - maybe that is not a bad thing as from one of the ladies who did the trial - it sounded horrendous. 
  • poodlejules
    edited March 2019
    Yes it does @Smellycrackle . I finished Jan 18 too! :)

• Smellycrackle
    Hope you are going well...  xx
  • poodlejules
    You too ! All the best for a complete recovery and some 'normalness' :)