Permission to speak: Giving older adults a voice in teaching health professionals how to communicate

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
I found this in my emails and I thought there are a few of us over 60 on here .... 

https://unesurveys.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ADkd4AQZFYCj7n

Are you over 60 ? then this might interest you...

Permission to speak: Giving older adults a voice in teaching health professionals how to communicate about intimate matters
Our sexuality changes as we age - but we know that many people in their 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond wish to remain sexually active.

We also know that health conditions and medications can affect sexuality and cause sexual problems. But it can be hard to find reliable, accurate information - especially if it's hard to talk to your health professional!

Alison Rahn - who spoke recently at the COTA NSW 50 Shades of Greying forum - is the lead researcher in a new study funded by the Australian Association of Gerontology. The outcome of this research will be training materials for health professionals to improve their communications skills with older people around sex and sexuality.

Alison is looking for people to participate in an anonymous online survey, which will take between 20 and 30 minutes to answer.

Your participation will be completely anonymous. You don't need to provide your name or any identifying details.

You don't have to participate - but your anonymous participation will help to make sure that health professionals have the skills and tools to have good discussions with older people about sex and sexuality - which is a win for everyone.

Tagged:

Comments