26 and freaking.

AmyL2695
AmyL2695 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2019 in General discussion
Hey ladies. About three years ago I found a lump in my right breast. Had an ultrasound and it came back as a fibroademona and no one was concerned. I’ve had it scanned yearly since and just last week got the okay to move to two yearly + scans. 
A few days ago I was in the bathroom and when drying my hair I noticed an indent in my other (right) breast but didn’t think much of it as I was wearing a pretty awful bra that day. Last night I was doing my monthly breast check and when I lift my arms above my head the indent is still there. It’s about 1.5cm above and slightly anterior to my nipple and only visible with arms up. I am freaking out. I have very severe anxiety and my meds aren’t even touching the edges with it today. I did the worst thing known to man and googled and while there are lots of varied lump stories (mine included) the ones starting with “I found an indent” seem to all end with C. 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited March 2019
    Hello
    Sorry that you are in this freak out mode!  Straight to your GP as you need to know and have peace of mind as to what it is or is not!  
    Since you're on Google and that is not a good thing to do, it does your head in, there's a egg carton called know your lemons, talk to your GP about this as well as and share with friends.  Hopefully it isn't anything but until you get it checked you are in a world of freak out!!

Image result for know your lemons

Best wishes and take care and know that we will be here to help you out or have a collective sigh of relief

• AmyL2695
    Iserbrown thank you for your reply. 
    I had a look and my indent fits the lemon description of “dimple” to a T. Have been trying to call my GP all morning to make an app and of course their line is permanently busy 😒
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Keep trying and let us know
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hope you've managed to get an appointment. Thinking of you
  • AmyL2695
    I have an appointment for 9am, with my back up doctor. My usual isn’t available until Monday and I don’t think I can sit on it that long without going round the bend...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Oh Amy, the waiting is truly the worst. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Deep breaths lovely. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @AmyL2695 Make sure that the GP takes your concerns seriously and sends you for scans.  And keep breathing.  Getting it properly checked out is so important but it doesn't necessarily mean the worst.  Good luck for today.
  • kmakm
    @Sister is right. If the GP fobs you off, find another one. Too often younger people are told their concerns are misplaced. K xox
  • AmyL2695
    Thanks ladies. I’m struggling massively this morning with my anxiety. I’ll post back after I’ve seen the doctor. Hopefully given how severe my anxiety is he won’t fob me off. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Big hugs Amy xxx

• kmakm
    Amy are you doing or taking anything for your anxiety?
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Glad that he was good, and took your concerns seriously enough to be sending you for an ultrasound. Now breath 
    Take care
  • kmakm
    Good! Take what you need (my anxiety breaks through my meds as well sometimes) and do everything you need to get this sorted. Big hug, K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    So pleased that it's being checked out without you having to push for it.