Menopause Belly

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Blossom1961 that sux. U still do very well though!!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Kiwi Angel No problem actually. I have just worked my way around alternatives. Not hard once you accept it. Chocolate is another matter. Once a week I splurge and have three squares of Lindt dark chocolate melted into coconut milk and add a hint of cinnamon. It feeds my craving. Mmmmm On top of that I am not currently working so that makes it easier. I always struggle with my eating habits when working.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    As with many things, it all depends on your genes. 
    I have two older sisters and two older brothers. My sisters and I  are thin. My brothers struggle with their weight. 
    I have my mum's legs, my sisters have my dad's legs. 
    Not much you can do about other illnesses combined with cancer.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2019
    My belly lies next to me on the bed. It ripples when I try to run (another good reason not to do that) It's frustrating because my waistline and flat stomach--and my hair-- were always my best features. Sturdy peasant legs, gangly arms and an even coat of cellulite on my thighs could be disguised, but this gut? It's changed all my fashion options unless I want to look like a large, poorly constructed sausage. Like many of you, I don't actually weigh more, but my shape is completely different. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    edited March 2019
    @Zoffiel as usual u made me laugh with your fabulous descriptions!!  
  • Zoffiel
    I was going to take my jiggly bits for a trot, but we've got a couple of crash bang storms going on (no bloody rain though) so I'm lying in bed doing this instead. Much more sensible. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Zoffiel there were a couple of days this week that I was gonna go but woke up to torrential downpours. Better to stay at home - I don’t want to get struck by lightening!!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Please send some of that rain to Melbourne - so dry!! Not even any thunderstorms!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Afraser u can have it. I love the rain and we need it but it has been all week and more on the way over the next couple of days I think. 
  • Zoffiel
    What would my chances of getting struck by lightning be? Knowing my luck, about 95% :)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Zoffiel Yes you would. For the love of all things sacred, stay in your bloody bed woman!
  • Kiwi Angel
    https://www.bustle.com/articles/191283-16-signs-your-estrogen-is-low-and-what-you-can-do-about-it

I literally feel like someone has written an article about me specifically!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Zoffiel hope u stayed in bed and didn’t get electrocuted!!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Totally agree, @Zoffiel - our weight may not change, but the shape definitely does.  Mine ripples now, too!  ;) 

That's a bugger, @Blossom1961 - sounds like you have it sorted tho!  Your Coconut Milk, chocolate, cinnamon drinks sounds positively decadent!  YUM!

I got stuck in a nasty storm last weekend & thunder was going on (expecting lightening but didn't see any!) and it is NEVER a good idea to be out in one.  We automatically hide under trees (normally) and of course, those are the first things that are hit (being the tallest!)   Fishing rods can be blown apart, if the lightening hits them!  I remember once, lying on a beach when a big electrical storm hit (so I wasn't the tallest thing on the beach!!)  

We've had a bit of rain, but still need more.  That nice 'rain smell' - gotta love it!