Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Mets in brain & liver after 5 yrs feeling good.

Jackie50
Jackie50 Member Posts: 44
edited March 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Just before Xmas I was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. To see my GP & later my oncologist so upset I knew it wasn't good. 
I have 40 tumours in my brain...after only having very slight headaches & 5 or so tumours in my liver...again only slight pain in my right side. My whole world was turned totally inside out. 
I practically begged my amazing oncologist to start chemo on the liver before new year as the pain had increased & my gut told me this isn't right. So he organised it, but they were also keen to start radiotherapy on my brain too.
Apparently I was told by my beautiful McGrath breast care nurse in oncology that I have an unusual combination of stage 4. Is there anyone fighting something similar to give me some hope...multiple brain tumours or liver tumours. I'm feeling a little lost right now. I had just finished by breast reconstruction & ready to fly to Rome this week, what a turn around. 
Jackie

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Jackie that sucks. This disease is the f*****g pits. I hope your body responds well to the treatment and that you can make it to Rome soon. I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to say as regards your combination of tumours. Sending you a big hug, K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    BIG hugs coming your way @Jackie50 - I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  That would be a horrible shock to you, specially in the lead up to Xmas and your plans for going to Rome.

What town/City do you live in?  Others in the area may know of support groups or other facilities available to you.

Have you considered joining the Mets Group, where all the discussions are totally private?

All the best with your ongoing treatment xxx

• Silba
    Silba Member Posts: 115
    @Jackie50 Wishing you all the best with your treatment , keeping all fingers cross you get to Rome .xxx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Jackie50 Bugger. So sorry to hear that. All the best with your treatment. Hold Rome in your heart for later. <3
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I can't help with information @Jackie50 but want to wish you all the best.
  • Jackie50
    Jackie50 Member Posts: 44
    Well thank you girls for your lovely words of encouragement😊.
    @arpie I'm from Wollongong, NSW I have wonderful support frm some strong women from Reclaim your curves. Also I thought I did post in the private Mets group???
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @Jackie50 You have posted under Mets but not in the private group which you can join if you look on the right hand side of the discussion page. Just click on it and then ask to join. Personally, I appreciate people sharing on the public forum as I do not have Mets but have a friend who does so I am often looking up on here to see if I can understand her situation a bit better. Thank you. Big hugs to you.
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Yes, @Jackie50, I second that - I don't have mets and don't feel I should join that group but still it is so important for the rest of us to know a little of what is happening to others and how they cope. Also, to send warmest wishes. I loved that photo of you with a little baby grandchild (I imagine), it broke my heart to see that but it was also a powerful image of the continuity of life. Thinking of you this morning, A.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Jackie50
    Welcome to our online community, I have sent you a request to join the Living with metastatic breast cancer private online group.  Once you accept the request you will be able to post into the private group.
    Kind regards
  • Sister
    I, too, think it's really important for those with mets to be posting here.  It's not all pretty and pink.
  • HelenJill
    HelenJill Member Posts: 61
    It is with much sadness in my heart to tell you that our soul sister Jackie50 lost her battle today. I will miss her dearly. 
  • Sister
    I am so very sorry to hear that.  Thank you for letting us know.  Thoughts are with you and her family.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    I also am so sad to hear that.  Its one of those things when people no longer post you wonder how they are actually doing.  Big hugs to you and thoughts with her family as well.
    Will light a candle for her tonight.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @HelenJill thankyou for letting us know. How devastating for all that knew her and I feel nothing but sadness that she didn't make her Rome holiday. X
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2019
    @Giovanna_BCNA please note information provided  by HelenJill