Jigsaw puzzles

2»

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I love jigsaw puzzles. However I found my concentration wandered somewhere and I struggle with anything bigger than 1000 pieces. That’s okay because I don’t like to leave a puzzle until it is finished. My daughter and I have often stayed up until 3am with ‘just one more piece then I will go to bed’ being our promise that never got carried through. If it is just me I will do a 500 piece because that way I can finish it before midnight if I start early enough.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Well done you two

They both look NASTY!  I just don't have the patience these days!   Can't do crosswords either!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I do it mostly just to keep my arm moving and the lymphodema out. It's been really good!
  • Nuala
    Nuala Member Posts: 6
    Glad to see there are other puzzle junkies out there. I find myself getting to the Lifehouse early for treatments so I can spend bit of time on the puzzle that’s normally sitting in the day therapy area. It’s such a good idea and takes your mind off things while waiting for treatment 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    In my adult years, my Mum often had a card table with a jigsaw on the go.  It's something we have done with the kids for years - they often got a jigsaw for Christmas or birthday presents gradually getting more difficult and more pieces.  Sadly, mostly sent to childish things, now.  Always good to get quality jigsaws.
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    Jigsaws are wonderful, gets your hands moving and gives you something else to concentrate on. I sew which also gets fingers hands moving, keep forgetting to put my sleeve on 🙄 so today it’s on @Brenda5 had my lymphoderm for about 28 months now 😃
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Hot weather sets my lymphodema off. That and the fact that I have put on quite a few kg's that don't really need to be there.