Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

long term herceptin for bc mets....

Mazzi
Mazzi Member Posts: 18
edited February 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Found an old discussion from Kari_2015.  Just wanted to let ladies know that I have been on Herceptin for 13yrs. Managing to keep lesions only in bone so pretty happy with that... Only know one other lady that is on herceptin still...been 11-12yrs for her too.  My understanding is that if you are going to have problems cardiac wise it is more likely to happen in the early stages. I have reg echo's done.  Get pissed off with having treatment at times but very thankful for this drug... would love to hear from others that are on herceptin long term.. cheers :)

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is terrific,  @Mazzi
  • KeelyB
    KeelyB Member Posts: 15
    You provide such hope to us all!  Thank you for sharing!

I've been MBC HER2+ for over 7 years now and while I'm still on Herceptin, I've had to add Perjeta as I had some new growth beginning of 2018.  

• Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    HER2 positive and metastatic as the biopsy of right lung showed inflammation which they took very seriously :) left breast masectomy and lymph node clearance Dec. 2011. I had my first Herceptin infusion on 18th July, 2011 and continue to have infusions every three weeks. This Sat. is no. 103. I have three monthly heart scans and so far so good. I took Arimidex for about six years and then changed to Exemestane. I've had three local recurrences which meant two surgeries and last Aug. 15 radiation 'zaps'. Good to know that others are doing well with long term treatment. Thanks Mazzi for starting this discussion! xBeryl
  • Mazzi
    thanks for sharing everyone. I had started feeling quite alone as everyone comes and goes down at treatment. I had Ct scans today and for the first time am quite worried about the results. Find it is getting harder each time. Anyway will let you all know how I get on .. cheers Mazzi
  • arpie
    All the best for your scan results @Mazzi  - the bloody wait time is still the pits.     Try & keep doing stuff that you really enjoy - uplifting stuff ...... if you want a few laughs - go onto Friday Funnies, or Naughty but funny ,,, hopefully some of the cartoons will get you laughing out loud!

You are not alone - Take care, big hugs coming your way  xxxx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Hang in there Mazzi. Big hug, K xox
  • Mazzi
    thanks everyone. went to oncologist yesterday to get results of CT scan and they are now sending me for a colonoscopy..not sure when that is going to happen...fuck (can I say that?) the waiting game continues. trying not to worry too much as have no symptoms so onc is pretty sure it will come back ok. 

the roller coaster of  'our normal'.  it just continues LMAO!!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh Mazzi 
    Sorry you have to go through this  Roller Coaster ride :neutral:
  • Mazzi
    thanks. go in to do paperwork Monday so hopefully it won't take too long :)

• arpie
    edited March 2019
    Bugger bugger bum!  Yep, you can drop the F bomb ....   Hope all goes well with the colonoscopy @Mazzi .   they are never fun.  Xxx
  • LEEMA
    LEEMA Member Posts: 21
    This is what I love to hear - someone on medication for thirteen years ..... 💜💜💜