Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

the honeymoon is over.

wendy55
wendy55 Member Posts: 774
edited February 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi all, well its been a very quiet couple of weeks for me, I started on the navalbine after a washout period on xeloda and as you know I felt fantastic, however the reality is as the navalbine kicked in things changed, as they do!!, so at the time decided I needed a little break to get my head around things, metastatic cancer is something that you learn to live with, it doesnt happen in a few months more like a couple of years, but you can live with it,its just a matter of changing things around, you may not be able to do all the things you used to, but you can work around that,so her I am again, at seems we have a few new members, welcome ladies, to the forum no one wants to join, but we are a pretty relaxed bunch here and open to all questions and requests for information on anything, I am now 5 and a half years after my diagnosis, which was stage 4, mets to liver and bones straight up, not what I wanted to hear I can tell you and certainly not how I envisaged spending my retirement years, yet here I am, still here ,and about 7 chemos down the track!
Its going to be a blistering hot week here in South Australia so it will take all I have to just keep cool, thank goodness for aircon!!
My hands and feet are almost back to normal although I still do not have full dexterity of my hands, thanks to hand and foot syndrome but it is getting better,{thanks xeloda} Im not grumbling, no point, my chemo brain is a lot better so will see how my journey on navalbine goes, blood tests every week and then a monthly, back to see oncologist on Thursday and he is talking about increasing my dose,  such is life!, still I am here, and making the most of every day, regardless, it might only be lazing around one day or going shopping but I am more clear headed and am looking at some form of short break for myself and partner, at the moment, anywhere thats about 15 degrees will do! So ladies thats it for me, for now, 
Accept responsibility for your life,
Know that it is you who will get you through,
where you want to go, no one else,
Les Brown - Motiviational Speaker,
wendy55

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @wendy55 nice to hear from you!  Yes the forecast for SA is pretty damned hot!
    Just wanted to say best wishes with treatment and to say wow to the quote - a lot of people on here can relate to that

Take care xx

Accept responsibility for your life,
    Know that it is you who will get you through,
    where you want to go, no one else,
    Les Brown - Motiviational Speaker,
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Feeling it with the impending heat. We are in the high 30s and low 40s for the rest of the forecast and it is dangerously dry. I have a plant saving compulsion so keep buying damaged things off scratch and dent trollies--the outside bath and various troughs are full of refugees and there is no way I can plant anything until the weather breaks.
    I don't have mets, but given my history of recurrence I'll be a medical wonder if I manage to avoid them. I guess we just have to keep hoping for a favourable change, regardless of what that is. Mxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2019
    Wendy, you are a goddess amongst mortals! If I had a private plane at my disposal I send it your way to whisk you away to a chilly destination of your choice! K xox  :)<3:*
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Great to see you back, @wendy55 ... I hope your hands & feet continue to get better and that the new regime suits you.

Gosh, it has suddenly gone a bit cooler up here (and in Sydney it was downright WAY cooler!)  I wish, like @kmakm that we could shoot some cooler weather down to all in SA  

take care xxx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good to hear from you @wendy55 .  I think it's as important for us to hear the voices of those with mets, as it is to hear those without.  Some of us will go on to this - we don't know who.  And just the same as not having a mammogram will not stop you getting cancer, not hearing from mets people will not stop this happening.  It shows us that life goes on, albeit with new challenges.  I cannot know what you go through in the same way that those without bc cannot know what I go through but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't listen and support you.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @wendy55, Greetings and 

from jennyss in Western NSW