Fishing brag pics

Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
There are a couple of us who are mad fishermen so here is a spot where you can put your fishing catch pics. I had a great night fishing off the beach last night. Nice when you brave the cold but get handsomely rewarded with fish. 

Comments

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @Brenda5, what type of fish are they please?
  • Brenda5
    Two bream and 10 summer whiting. Size limits are 25cm so they were all well and truly legal size. Bream are tricky to get off the hook due to their sharp spines so now I use a thick rag to grab them and my lymphodema arm doesn't cop a spike. I love eating whiting. Easy to fillet and cook in 2 minutes, 1 minute each side. 
    Last night I caught 4 more whiting but dropped them off to my 80 year old neighbors for their dinner tonight. They were rapt.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Woohoo!  Great session, Brenda!!  Terrific fish, too.  Elbow slapping whiting and stonker bream!

You may regret this thread ..... LOL ..... Here’s a few of mine .... I don’t put them on the mat unless they are ‘real stonkers’. ;)   (as in O M G!!)

A nice tailor (after being busted off on bigger ones in the same spot!)  He came home for dinner!   ;) 

A nice blackfish on lure (normally you catch them on weed!)  He came home for dinner!  :)  

A nice blue nose bream

A nice whiting on topwater

A nice flattie - I will usually take a flattie home for dinner!   ;) 

It's been so windy here recently - if it is nice tomorrow, I'll try & get out!! Looks like rain for the weekend tho .. WOOHOOO!  We NEED IT!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yours are similar to mine, @tigerbeth.  Mind you, sometimes we are lucky if we go to the shack and my brother-in-law adds his fishing results to the meal.  Whiting galore plus the odd snapper.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @arpie,  Awesome fish, especially the Lizard!
  • Brenda5
    The blackfish one, is that also named luderick? What do you do with your catch on a yak. Do you put them down so they don't wriggle around or just leave them flipping in the boat causing vibrations? I am in two minds what to do when and if I eventually catch something nice from the yak.
    I did once catch a 3ft shovelnose ray on the yak but couldn't figure out how it and I could share the yak so I let it go.
    I haven't caught much flat head unless they are tiny little greedy 6 inch things which I let go too.
    I fished for tailor as a girl on hols in NSW at Tuross Heads. I remember they were a great sport fish, never giving up as you brought them in.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @tigerbeth
    Yep that's my idea of fish. Although we do have a friend from Kununurra who works out on the Cone Bay Barramundi farm. He drives from Kununurra to Derby and leaves his car with us for the 2 weeks. In return we get nice big fillets of barramundi.  My freezer is now the go to place for fish.
  • Brenda5
    edited August 2018
    Well done! The bream look very sedate in the pics compared to the way they flick spines out and have the hook barb swirling around everywhere. I lost my washer last night. It must have gotten hooked on the anchor and went to the bottom of the sea. The wind is in the North again and the ocean is quite calm this morning. No energy to get out there atm though. Last nights raging East wind seas were enough to cure my yak excursion needs for a while. I emptied about  two buckets of water from the inside of the yak. No wonder it was so heavy towing lol.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Great pics, bragging rights for sure!
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Great pics and some awesome scenery.  :):)
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    What beautiful photos @arpie.  Great fish too I might add.

• j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Great fish and pics @arpie! I'm longing to get the line in again soon. Hope I can get a catch like that. 😁