Never give up

Mira
Mira Member Posts: 678
edited February 2019 in General discussion
Hi Ladies,   

I went to visit my Uncle and Aunt today.  My Aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and had a mastectomy just before Christmas, she's currently going though chemo.  I haven't seen them for a while so I wasn't sure what to expect.   I'm proud to say she was fine.  Sprightly, interested in conversation, walking with the help of her walking frame, beautifully dressed and made up (as always).  She apologised for her head scarf, I told her she is beautiful.  I can only hope to be as gracious, graceful and lovely as her. 

Oh, I forgot to mention … they are 95!!!

Never give up, you are stronger than you think. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My friend, the indomitable Miss M, is just about to turn 90. Last year she blitzed her surgery and radiotherapy but said no to chemo. They are inspirational. Mxx
  • Mira
    @Zoffiel they certainly are!!!

Ooops,  I just looked at my post and realised I started it with "Hi Ladies".  Apologies to the men in here, I work in a facebook group which is all ladies and am just so used to starting posts with that, I was tired and not thinking.  My post wasn't intended to exclude the males in the group and I sincerely apologise to any that I may have made uncomfortable.  
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    AMAZING @Mira  ... Your aunt is an absolute inspiration! 
  • Mira
    Thanks @Arpie, she sure is! :smile:
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @Mira give your gorgeous courageous inspirational Aunt a gentle hug from me 🤗
  • Mira
    @Doodoo, thanks I sure will!! Maybe even two  :)