Comments

• tisme
    tisme Member Posts: 148
    see the surgeon tomorrow , worried sick that I wont be able to  get to treatment  and back  was in a heck of a state at 4am this morning , got the Mental Health people doing a home visit tomorrow if I can get back home after my visit to the surgeon im so tired 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    One foot in front of the other @tisme, one day at a time. You'll get there. K xox
  • tisme
    going in for lumpectomy 20th march. a week before daughters birthday.  ozcare told me that they can provide transport to the local hospital and home again but only for those over age 65.  they can help with transport to Northlakes for treatment if I need it .  damn govt talk about age discrimination. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Call the hospital and ask if they have a service. You won't be the only person who has transport issues. K xox
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @tisme What kmakm said. There IS transport available through the ambulance.

• Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    tisme I hope the visit from the Mental Health people went well. Please phone the Cancer Council in your state and ask to speak with a Counsellor - they are very supportive and can guide you through the next couple of months, they can also help you make the best choices for you and your daughter. xBeryl
  • tisme
    the mental health people were of no real use I didn't think they would be
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    tisme keep on with your posts to this discussion list - when it feels as though no one cares or is even listening you can bet there are women all around the country who really listen and understand. Your Breast Care Nurse can answer a lot of your questions and at times, just listen - always ask, its their job to support you. About the ,mental health people, its seven years since I was diagnosed with BC and in that time I've talked to quite a few professionals with the hope that they can help with difficulties - some have provided me with excellent support and others have been a complete waste of time - you take what you want, what works for you and leave the rest. What have I learned? Although I might not always get the answer I want I will always keep on asking. x Beryl
  • tisme
    ive been waiting 7 years to see the govt dentist I wrote to them and heard nothing.  I have no money to move house  if we have to move ( we rent ) I spent all my money on mums cremation and daughters teeth. I dont know what to do about having the lumpectomy and not being able to drive for two weeks. 

• Sheilasjs
    Sheilasjs Member Posts: 5
    Hi Tisme, I know its hard but try to deal with things as they come at you - don't anticipate what may or not happen.  You will find enormous support on this site but there are also face to face forums and support available in most areas of Australia if you find you need this.  I found everyone from the medical people to even the office people who work in the surgeries etc lovely.   Good luck.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @tisme For two weeks at least, after your lumpectomy, you'll need to be resting and looking after yourself. No need to drive. Do ask the people in your medical care team or the social worker to arrange some practical support for you. Given your circumstances, there must be something available. While you wait for your surgery, try to relax as much as possible. Eat healthy food, try to go for walks, drink plenty of water. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    If your medical team are no help, try the Cancer Council in your state and even your local Council for practical assistance.  But really, a social worker should be helping you to co-ordinate things.  I can't remember if you said in an earlier post, but it might be useful if you put your general area on your profile as other members may know of resources near you.
  • tisme
    im not looking at the mountain ,  ive tried to run from an avalanche coming down that mountain but im finding myself under it all. where do I start? u guys know about the breast cancer /surgery on the 20th march, and the arthritis but not all the other stuff that's gone on over the years which I wont bore u with.  now thre is the NDIS got daughters plan approved  and given an amount of funding.   ive gotta find a plan manager, ( and hope they wont rip us off ) ive gotta organise all the things that are being funded cos the govt said no to funding for a support co Ordinator  I haven't had my meeting yet to sort out a plan for me  I just cant do it , I read one 4 page contract a hundred times and It just isn't going in or making sense. 
  • tisme
    well the crap continues , I cant get to north lakes if I need chemo etc , let alone physio.  I need an assessment of some sort to send to the transport dept  they want to know how crippled I am . they should see me right now. I cant afford the assessment I cant drive that far ( I know its not far ) but  driving less than that and I suffer for it , squelch and grind in my neck shooting pains down my legs good way to cause an accident   im at the end of my tether.  even if I could get there you know what ?? im seriously thinking I wont bother. the transport thing is for the taxi concession but why bother 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I don't know the practicalities of sorting this stuff out in your state, @tisme.  Hopefully, someone else can give you some pointers or maybe the mods know of some resource @Giovanna_BCNA?