Here Comes the Sun

This is an article I read back not long after I was diagnosed. 

Comments

• Lynn65
    Lynn65 Member Posts: 46
    @SoldierCrab Thanks for posting. That was a good article - she touched on many points that I could relate to - validating to have them put into words by someone else. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thanks, @soldiercrab I got teary in the para about the kids.  So close to what I felt.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Thank you @SoldierCrab for posting that extremely relevant article.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Awesome.  I am taking a copy to work!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I just I just gave this to my hubby to read. His response was “yeah, it was good. Quite in depth wasn’t it!” Translated, he got a bit more insight and appreciates it.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Another article that makes me weepy. So true!!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Wow. Very impressive. Eloquently and perfectly put.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Ladies it is reassuring when we read something that resonates with us about life after Breast Cancer.... 
    @Sister
    @Kiwi Angel
     it is good to acknowledge our emotions that have been impacted greatly since we heard those words "you have breast cancer"  it is not a one solution fits all path ahead for anyone after those words are spoken, but the rippling effects upon our families is a toll no one acknowledges.... this in turn makes us even more vulnerable emotionally when we are witnessing first hand the impact on our spouse/partner and children let alone those in the circles further out .... 

• Milly21
    Milly21 Member Posts: 122
    Wow,made me tearful too,I’m not great at putting feelings in words,she said a lot of what I was feeling.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Me too @Milly21. I feel like sending it to my doctors.
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Thanks @SoldierCrab. It took me a few visits here to be able to bring myself to read it. But it was actually pretty good. Although for some people, treatment is forever. 
  • Sazbe
    Sazbe Member Posts: 19
    @SoldierCrab Thanks for posting. I had a cry with this one too, which is good for me as I know I haven't allowed myself to grieve. It all resonated, like others the bit about the kids, but also the bit about the husbands as my partner has already lost a wife to Melanoma. 
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    @SoldierCrab thank you for posting. Brilliant! I plan on sending this to both my sisters who struggle with my 'courage' and 'independence'. It also provided an opening to start a conversation with my husband - he is hurting deeply but doesn't have the 'wiring' to be empathetic. His way of coping is to retreat and monuments could be built to his self absorption, yes, probably Asperger's. I read out a couple of paragraphs as he can talk about the 'issues' if once removed - we had a brief conversation and he actually reflected on how it is for him. Now that is GOLD! Its 71/2 years since diagnosis and I've been on Herceptin and Anastrozole all that time. The toughest part has been facing the reality of a husband (of 50yrs) who cannot allow himself to feel or respond to other's feelings. Again, thanks for the gold!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @BerylC lovely to read that our @SoldierCrab has been able to help you 

Best wishes!