Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Newly diagnosed with mets

Hi everyone, yesterday I got the bad news that my early breast cancer diagnosis of 4 years ago has spread, I was devastated, I have changes in my pelvis and lower spine and a growth push against my kidney tube hence that kidney not working correctly and a stent is going to be inserted and a biopsie of the growth to see if it’s still the same cancer I was diagnosed with originally then we know exactly what we dealing with, I will say I’m frightened, worried, scared as hell, panicked, nervous, and all the other emotions that come along with that diagnosis, I walked out of the oncologists office and hopefully not in the hearing of the other patients there dropped the F bomb  a dozen times, what the future holds for me now I don’t know what I do know is I will be fighting this all the way.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    My heart goes out to you with a sigh! I do hope this next phase has been caught early and zapped to oblivion 
    Take care 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Such devastating news @glynnis.  No words can make anything better but thinking of you.
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    Thankyou @sister
  • Glynnis
    @iserbrown, oncologist talking about putting me on Kisqali and a Estrogen block as well
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    I have no words @Glynnis...but my thoughts are with you at this truly horrible time. (((hug))).
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I am So sorry to hear this, @Glynnis  ..... my heart goes out to you  xxxx    

I hope the meds regime they put you on will stabilise your mets, stop the pain & give you the quality of life that you deserve.   xxxxx

big hugs coming to you  xxx

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Glynnis
    If you put Kisquali in the search above you will find posts on the topic or click on Metstatic cancer in the category listing - lots of encouraging info

Have you joined  the private group

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer

Best wishes. I have to  say I shuddered and still do when I read your post. I'm 4 years end April

Hope the collective positive energy helps

Take care xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Glynnis Big hugs
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Oh @Glynnis, my thoughts are with you tonight. It's a terrible, terrible shock. This is such a prick of a disease. Keep talking to us, we're with you in your fight. The biggest of hugs, K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh Glynnis not what anyone wants to hear ... sorry that this shit of a disease is back again ... I do hope that they can zap/chemo it to hell where it belongs.... 

Hugs 
    soldiercrab

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hi @Glynnis sending you a private message
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    @Glynnis sending you the biggest of hugs . What a dreadful horrible day  for you yesterday. Thinking of you. Xxxxxx
  • Glynnis
    Thank you everyone for your wishes, it’s just day by day at the moment
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @Glynnis  Thoughts are with you and also sending you a big virtual hug. xo
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Glynnis You have so many virtual hugs coming from so many lovelies that you won’t be able to feel anything else. Stacks on!