Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @kezmusc Purchased.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I always have Voltaren on hand for unexpected muscle problems .... I often have a back spasm that stuffs me up - so take Voltaren 25mg (x 2) before going to bed with food (to work it's magic over night.) then 25mg with Breakfast & lunch - but I've never taken it with panadol!   I will wait til I need to & try your pain regime, @kezmusc  - thanks so much for that!

Leading up to the Blue Mountains Uke Festival, I got a script for Prednisone as I really needed my fingers to be working for me on that weekend - and I tested it for a week last month to make sure it DID work.   Then I 'restarted it'  a week before the Festival, stopping it the day after.    It was terrific.  I never thought about my sore fingers/joints all weekend!

Blow me down - nearly a week later - and I still don't have any 'real' pain in my fingers!   I DO have it in my thumbs ( a total weekness that prevents me from using my thumbs in most normal of pursuits!)   But I am most impressed just now that it has extended nearly a week after I stopped taking it!

If only there was something similar that didn't have the 'brittle bones syndrome' that is associated with prednisone!  :(   

Your Voltaren/Panadol may just 'do the trick'!  Thanks again @kezmusc
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @arpie So glad you were top notch for the festival.  :):)
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    I have to skip on the Voltaren - chronic diarrhoea on that one and frankly I’ve seen enough of that and taken enough gastro stop to last a lifetime in the last 7 mths

my experiment is acupuncture. I saw the offsider oncologist last time and when whinging about the sore knees she suggested it. First session was yesterday, had heaps of pins stuck in me, had a little nap and have felt a good bit better today still some pain but nowhere near as bad as it was, also no hot feet last night either. So just have to find time for round 2
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    No Voltaren for me, either - can't do Ibuprofen.  Really annoyed at not being able to buy codeine over the counter as it is the only thing that helps me with bad pain.
  • kmakm
    Scanxiety bad dream woke me up. Can't shake off the bad feeling. Yuck.
  • Sister
    Not sure what it means but I spent the first part of sleep (you know, the only bit that's really restful) in a technicolour dream of zombies.  I don't remember much about it but it was caused by a disease brought in by flies.  I woke up in a sweat.  Then sometime later, I had a really unpleasant dream that I couldn't really remember but I do know the whole family were travelling in Tassie - sort of.  So, end of the working week and I've had even less sleep than usual.  No idea how I'm going to last the day out.
  • kmakm
    @Sister Coffee. Lots of coffee...

I think mine's about the CHEK2 appointment coming up in 10 days. It's playing on my mind. I'm expecting info only and no action whatsoever, but clearly my subconscious is having a fret.
  • Sister
    Damned if you know and damned if you don't @kmakm
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Image result for scanxiety funny images

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I think I am going to need a nap today. After seeing the hospital yesterday for pre-op on my finger surgery for the 4th March I didn't think I was upset but it must have played on my mind overnight. Tossed and turned and wrecked my bed covers. I think the doona ended up upside down even lol. Dog playfully nipped my arm yesterday too and with my thin skin it's ended up a deepish puncture. I barely even felt it darn neuropathy.
  • kmakm
     :/ 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is a ripper, @iserbrown - I can SO totally relate to it!!

A whole week of totally fucked sleep .... leading up to the Uke Festival (nervous), during the Uke festival (excitement), following the uke festival (wind down) ..... which went off REALLY WELL, btw - except for one total stuff by MOI!  :( 

1.30am last night - yet AGAIN!  Tried Bloody reading to try & send me to sleep!   I finally took a temase & nodded off about 2.30am

Hopefully, a decent sleep tonight!   Tho I doubt it!    FUCK IT!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    So eloquently put!

My overload of steroids given under a CT scan are putting me in the lack of sleep category. I normally sleep regardless so hopefully the normal returns quick smart, lol
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Tonight is my Baileys and 43 liquor  large glass some ice and in about an hour snoring should follow yes hot flushes will invade me because I dare have alcohol but the sleep is bliss....