Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @tisme No need to worry about cost of prosthetic. Govt rebates $400 and you can get a good one for that.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @tisme You have huge challenges ahead of you, poor dear. Can you ask the breast care unit at the hospital to assign you a social worker to help you navigate through all this? 
  • tisme
    tisme Member Posts: 148
    depressed again today (though its always there ) sposed to have a meeting tomorrow with centacare to talk about planmanaging my daughters NDIS stuff. then more meetings on Wednesday to get daughters plan started then the surgeon on Thursday. the left side has gotten sore in sympathy with the right side .  meanwhile my mind is screaming to cancel all the meetings and daughter saw a dentist last weekend , they reckon she needs 6 fillings and a root canal when does it stop 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    So sorry you're feeling this way @tisme. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll get there.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    I’ve just caught up with your posts @tisme.
    I’m so sorry you are going through such a dreadful time.  No breast cancer diagnosis is easy to cope with particularly with all the other challenges in your life.  It seems hard to believe now but you will feel better once surgery is done and your have a treatment plan in place. The uncertainty and waiting can feel unbearable until you will get some control back. 
    You will have support here and there will always be information and suggestions from those who have walked before you.
    wishing you and your daughter all the best.
    Sending a hug,  Jane x
  • tisme
    with daughters help I cleaned my room today  found 10.00 in a pillow case  daughter wants half.  o/t etc suggested applying for govt housing cos we are in a rental that we cant afford and dont want to have bars n such put in ( I got 3 kinds of arthritis ) and have the owner sell. do u guys think I should mention breast cancer in my application ??
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @tisme Absolutely. Sometimes playing the cancer card is necessary and justified.

• Flaneuse
    @tisme I agree. You certainly should. It adds a lot to your statement of needs.
  • tisme
    tried going to bed I cant sleep , trying to cry so daughter wont hear me im  so alone , so scared of what will happen to daughter if im terminal the right side is the one they found it in but the left side is sore like period time but im post menopause and gained a lotta weight thanks to anti depressants. thought I had friends but I dont , god this torment is so unfair 
  • Flaneuse
    @tisme It is indeed very unfair. None of us wanted it. It will be a rough road ahead for you and you'll need to dig deep within yourself to find the strength to cope. But an hour at a time, a day at a time. Which hospital will you be going to? I think you really need to ask them to assign you a social worker to help work out the support you need. Take care.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Put absolutely everything in your application, @tisme.  In fact, if you can access any help for the application, that would be a good idea.  Once you get over active treatment (and @flaneuase idea about a social worker is a good one), then will be time to get assistance in sorting out a long term plan so that you can always be sure there is a fallback position for you and your daughter whenever it's needed.
  • tisme
    caboolture hospital as far as I have been told  the breast cancer nurse knows I have no transport and was hoping to get the social worker to sit in on Thursdays consult with the surgeon 
  • tisme
    cant eat or sleep apart from it all more and more crap keeps happening.  we have been on the govt dental waiting list 6 years and was told yesterday that it would be next year before our name came up daughter went to a private dentist for a look , two dentists say 6 fillings and a root canal are needed, that will take every cent ive saved.  this neighbourhood is turning nasty. I reversed out of our driveway yesterday and saw a dead rat  wen we came home that rat was on our drive way so it had been put there I dont know why  I tried to be friendly when we moved here but was ignored the neighbourhood kids wont leave us alone using our front yard as a bmx track and the fence as a climbing frame I cant take any more 
  • Flaneuse
    @tisme It sounds as though you're in a very challenging situation. It must be awful, on top of your BC diagnosis. I wish you strength in dealing with it.