Night Howls

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It would be unusual if the pain was caused by herceptin, sounds as if something may be aggravating your neuropathy though, as nerve damage can cause both numbness and pain. Here's hoping for an easier ride this time. Best wishes. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    @Blossom1961 how are your ankles today?
    Mine are fucked.
    I am not on herceptin, I blame Tamoxifen. Thought I was having a stellar run with it, but the ankle pain (really achilles) started in November nad has gotten worse. Now seeing physio, but don't know if it is worth it. Will they ever be any different?
    Who else finds it completely ironic, that exercise and a healthy BMI is so important in staving off cancer and depression - yet these medications make it so hard to fuckin' move!!!!!!!  >:)
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @JJ70 So far my ankles are good. Last time I had herceptin they played up two days later so I am hoping tomorrow my ankles behave. I will be very happy if I was wrong about the herceptin and the onco is right. The next few days will clarify things. Thank you. I actually noticed my pain eased when I took a glucosamine/chondroitin/msm combined tablet but I am still experimenting with it. I know it gets rid of my arthritis but the PN in my ankles and legs is totally different so the experiment continues. Tamoxifen sounds a nightmare and I really cry for all you lovelies who have to endure the side effects from it and the other A/I’s and hormone blockers. Biggest hugs

• JJ70
    @Blossom1961 are you taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vit B...esp 6 and 12.....recommendations from CEO at Cancer Council  here in WA. Thr only complimentary medicines with proven benefits for PN. 
  • JJ70
    Some days the hill is steeper than others hey ladies?
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I take the vit Bs but not the Alpha lipoec acid. I looked in the chemist and grocery stores for it but they didn’t have it and then I forgot about it. Where do you get it other than online?
  • JJ70
    @Blossom1961 try health food stores. Both my local stores stock it.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Got home, cooked tea, ate it, helped clean up, went to bed with wheat bag on my feet for an hour...slept deeply.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Work. Fuck the bloody 'gig economy'' Juggling two casual and one contract jobs to clock up @ 25 yrs a week. Is this the new normal? I'm so tired I'm worried about running off the road on the way home some nights as most of on site  is an hour drive.away and they want me there at ridiculous hours.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Zoffiel That sucks! The gig economy is a huge wank. "Freedom to control the way you work" ??!! Bollocks. On top of everything else you're dealing with, It's not fair to have to make such enormous efforts to earn a living. What do you do to try to keep yourself awake on the way home? Loud music? Talk to yourself (you could have some fascinating conversations)? Big hugs. xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    So sorry life is so f*****d for you at the moment @Zoffiel. I hope you sleep OK tonight.

My ankles are the worst they've ever been tonight. I don't think Panadol Osteo is going to cut the mustard tonight. Time to bring out the big guns.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited February 2019
    The gig economy is just another way to make sure that employers wants are met - fuck the workers.  My Leftist, Unionist tendencies are becoming way more pronounced these days.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Morning all.  
    I have been trying a combo that seems to work pretty well for the aches and pains.  I haven't had ankle issues, but back, hip and my wrists are now joining the party.
    Suggested by my husband's orthopaedic surgeon mind you..................not my doctors.  Lovely lady, I like her.
    Now that you can't buy anything nice with codeine in it over the counter I've been using the cheap version of voltaren (diffenac rapid) tabs and panadol.  Voltaren  every 8 hours plus panadol every 6.  Obviously not a long term project considering the ibuprofen, (doc said it was fine up to a month and take after food) but if the pain is bad and I take these for three days in a row it seems to hold it off for another few days after it as well.  Cheap.  The pharmacy brand panadol is like $3 and the other is less than $10.  They are good sized boxes also.   
    Might be woth a try. 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Ta @kezmusc. Going to chemist now.