Triple negative breast cancer

2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    They do know best. Just let them know how you are going, everyone benefits by sharing information. 
  • Gal
    Gal Member Posts: 27
    I start first round of chemo tomorrow and was just wondering about what should I eat before treatment. Do I just eat my normal breakfast of cereal or do I have a light breakfast. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I didn't change any of my normal eating patterns pre treatment but then again, I never had nausea! Perhaps something light until you know better how you will react? 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I'd say a light brekkie until you know how you react. You get really loaded with anti-nausea meds so I think you'll be OK. K xox
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    I found chemo really constipated me so have some fruit. I used to eat prunes on the day and the days after. Lots of water too. 
    Good luck. 
    Paula xxx
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Thanks for putting that link up @kmakm but it scared me to read the first few lines as i hope I do not die within the first 5 years of being diagnosed.  I really hope if it comes back i will be able to be part of an immunotherapy trial for triple neg  as i would like to be able to help others with this type of cancer
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Absolutely agree with you @smokie08  it frightened the bejeezus out of me when you start reading.   Seems like they are doing lots of trials now and intend to do plenty more down the track.  You can see why scanxiety is such an issue with most of us with statistic's like that. (  When @kmakm first posted I avoided reading it a few times then dived in for a look and it then reverberated on my mind all day yesterday even though we already know in our minds we are in the higher recurrence risk category )  How great though they are moving forward with these immunotherapy trials we can only hope that these new discoveries happen sooner than later.  xox
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    I was the same yesterday read it first thing in the morning and could not stop thinking about it all day that is why I put the post up not very well worded I know but still in a bit of a tizz about it.  I am shit scared of a reocurrence and every little ache and pain I get of to the doctor I go. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Girls. I had a recurrence. It wasn’t the end of the world though at the time it felt like it. Just be vigilant,even with a recurrence if it’s caught early it is still treatable. I am now almost 10 years from 1st diagnosis and almost 8 from 2nd. The good thing with triple neg (if there is really anything good) is that if you get to 5 years your survival rate is better. Hugs. I feel your fear. 
    Paula xx