Apparently ok to tell someone incorrectly they have stage IV cancer

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Definitely, go the Ombudsman!!  What a TWAT!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Oh ffs!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Even my chiropractor just said the appropriate comment would of been “lymph nodes are swollen but there are many reasons for this so we will wait for pathology results”
  • kmakm
    It's just not difficult or complicated is it?

Not remotely on the same level, but telling a newly diagnosed woman that you just met, whose sister died of BC the year before, who's contemplating a double mastectomy, that she's destined to be fat and she'll never look good naked, is also stupid and cruel.

I reckon we could put together a good roadshow from this forum, to present to doctors what NOT to say to your patients. You in @Annie C aka "Emotional Asthma"...
  • Kiwi Angel
    @kmakm I still can’t believe you were told that - cruel!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Aggie people really need to put their brain in gear before opening their mouths!!
  • kmakm
    Welcome to The Roadshow @Aggie. I think we'll have a re-enactment for your stories. I'll play you and you can play the doctor. How insensitive!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Another one who deserves a "Dickhead of the Month" award is a gynae of mine from when I was 26 yeards old. Back story not relevant, but I'd just had a hysterectomy and vaginal repair a year after my third child's birth. He told me that he'd "Taken out the crib and left the playpen". He also assured me that my husband would be pleased that he would "no longer feel as if he was parking his bicycle in a double garage"...fuckin' hell...!!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    @AllyJay. WTF?????  He could actually get done for sexual harassment saying things like that. 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @kmakm
    Count me in!
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Unfortunately, that was back in the '80's and in South Africa, where any kind of legal action had to be done in a Civil Court with a self funded lawyer. We certainly didn't have the money for that, so all I could do was change doctors and remain pissed off. My husband had never voiced any complaints about his "parking arrangements" prior to this and made none afterwards either.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Aggie excellent idea!!!
  • kmakm
    Yes, we should probably shift this Roadshow conversation over to that thread!
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    When I  worked at a large teaching hospital, I  asked a registrar who he was. His reply was: "I am a sexual predator!". I reported him of course. He got into a lot of trouble with his boss and his wife. After that he treated me like I was his best friend. 
  • kmakm
    What a f**k knuckle...