Thankyou

Romla
Romla Member Posts: 2,092
edited January 2019 in Health and wellbeing
I would like to acknowledge and thank all that have  made the time to guide and support others on the blog over the Christmas period when professional help becomes more difficult as we spend time celebrating the festive season with our family and friends.

It has been especially important for those newly diagnosed in the run up to the festive season who doubtless have been daunted and confused by the road ahead yet are unable to receive much professional guidance at this time of the year.To be able to reach out and know that someone who understands their concerns and  is willing to help if they can is extraordinary.

I do ,however , feel great sadness  for those  people diagnosed with breast cancer who are unaware of the companionship and support you all so willingly provide .It would diminish much heartache and distress if people were aware much sooner of you all.
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Well said, @Romla  -  I only found out about BCNA from a nursing friend in Qld who is now 5 years clear of BC and became my mentor.

• Romla
    @arpie I think government should get behind the blog and help create more for other types of health issues - they might find their health budget reduces as community help  reduces the need for other types of help by overcoming isolation.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I agree. Bowel cancer is the one that springs to my mind. I believe it's the fastest growing cancer in Australia and after breast and prostate, colorectals are the most common. And given the part of the body involved, there's stigma. I've not looked into it (and hope I never have to) but I'd love for those diagnosed with that cancer to have a place like this.
  • Romla
    @CathyMac have appreciated that there is no such thing as a stupid question as have asked heaps in my time and doubtless will continue to do but I reckon it’s stupid not to ask.XO
  • Romla
    I would like to reiterate the comments of @Afraser. It is quite an extraordinary opportunity BCNA has given all of us in providing this blog to remove the isolation of a breast cancer diagnosis and to find support from those who understand the road we travel as they too are on the same journey.Thankyou .
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Thank you so much @BCNA - I received my lovely gift and card today!  I really appreciate the thought - we have had so much help from BCNA - it is a win/win situation to 'give back' & hopefully help others.  

Take care, everyone xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
     Was such a lovely surprise like the others have said not necessary but absolutely lovely thought ....