Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Sarnicad @iserbrown Cancer dreams regular but not too frequent.

@Zoffiel @Sarnicad Quite often our big dog decides he's lonely, mostly  around 2.30am. Mac whines, scratches at the door, and my husband gets up and spends the rest of the night sleeping on the big sofa with him. I know where I stand in the pecking order...
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Kmakm you could look at it from the angle that he thinks by sleeping with the dog he is allowing you and everyone in the household a good nights sleep .... 
  • kmakm
    Oh I do @SoldierCrab, I do. But every now and then I wish he'd stand firm and ignore the dog's pressure!

@Flaneuse You are hysterical!!! I'll try it and let you know...   ;)
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Hahhaha! I can just picture that @kmakm!

• JJ70
    Two nights in a row - up at 4am.....not good for back to work week.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Snot :(
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sneeze?
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Frequently
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kezmusc random question. Was your oncologist going to keep you on tamoxifen or switch you at some stage to an AI?  
  • kmakm
    Brain in overdrive @JJ70?
  • JJ70
    Yes @kmakm...overdrive indeed!! Ar least I slept well last night, as my Thursdays look intimidating.  I get 20 mins break all day due to lunchtime playground duty  and am in 3 different classrooms doing 3 different subjects! It will also reach 38 degrees today. I need a pair of skates!!😲😱🤪
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    JJ70 - I've recently retired from teaching. I remember those days of 'no-break' all too well plus a parent meeting after school! Agh! Do you have a friend on staff who could do duty for you? When I returned from a severe bout of pneumonia the Deputy arranged for me to do recess duty only. Yes, she came from a rare breed, ie, empathetic and flexible admin. I was still quite weak from a collapsed lung and I had a Year One class - that extra off duty time was a real bonus. The staff were also very empathetic and supportive.

• JJ70
    GEEZ! I got home on Thursday and ended up upside down on the couch, with feet in the air - they were so swollen after the full day on them - running from class to class. I spend most of my time with Yr 1/2 on Thursday - and in 27 years of teaching I have NEVER taught year 1/3. I am not a ' I'll tie your shoelaces' sort of teacher and don't necessarily find them cute. I could not move from the couch and ended up falling asleep there at 430pm.

Hi @Beryl C. - yes I am thinking to swap duty to Tuesday, where my day is a lot gentler. ;)