Night Howls

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Zoffiel Ditto to all that. I love your "look like an artifact if I want to" !!! I never want to part with my mother of the bride outfit, including shoes and handbag. My daughter can make a museum collection of them after I pop my clogs.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2019
    I shop in op shops thru to Target and sales racks of higher end stores if I've got a bit of dough (never buy anything full price if I can help is my motto!). Plus a lot in India. I'm putting a bit of a freeze on clothes spending this year though. My wardrobe is replete and money is really tight. The older I get the more I enjoy my clothes and curating a look. I don't have one style, I have many. Yesterday I spiked my hair up and put on my Blondie t-shirt. Punkish! I asked the kids if they liked my hair. No, we prefer it flat they said... 🙄
  • Flaneuse
    @kmakm I can just imagine the kids' eye-rolling!
  • Flaneuse
    @kmakm Was your red ALPHA60 dress op shop or new? A friend has a dress from them that I love. I'm waiting for them to release some new styles. 
  • kmakm
    @Flaneuse Lol! Don't care. 99% of the time I dress for myself. It's been a surprise to me, coming to the pleasure of clothes in middle age. It's fun.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I LOVE op shopping .... I dress for me .... and refuse to pay silly $$ for outfits.  Whether it be my fishing outfits or day or night time  ....  I buy most of my clothes from Op Shops.

Matter of fact .... I even found my first Ukulele in an Op Shop in North Sydney!  That was in 2010 when Keith was going thru cancer surgery and chemo .... who would know it would be my own saviour when going they my own BC diagnosis!

If you haven’t tried it .... give it a go!  My nieces made a lovely skirt from about 30-40 ties they found in Op Shops .... a win/win situation and saving stuff from landfill!

• Flaneuse
    @arpie That's a wonderful story about your meeting your ukulele.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Ops shopping is my passion  who needs to buy new excepting undies ..... and swimmers

• kmakm
    I absolutely love it @SoldierCrab. I've popped into six this week alone!
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    edited February 2019
    Ah sleep the ever elusive sleep. Reasons why I’m not asleep 
    1. I worked too long and fell asleep when I got home
    2. I stayed up to 10.30 fell asleep immediately but now it’s 4am and it’s too late to take a tablet  and I still haven’t found them anyway but give me to 5.30 and I’ll be fast asleep and I’ll have to be up at 6.30
    3.  My feet are too hot 
    4. My knees hurt
    5.  The house is too hot
    6. I’m awake overthinking a a work problem b a drs visit c a test result d a friend and/or someone from school dying way before they should have from nasty diseases 
    7. The day of the week has a y in it
    8.  I’m overtired
    9. Ive overdone it
    10. My feet/legs are swollen and hurt - this is a different issue to my knees hurt
    11. I need to pee

some nights it’s multiple of these 
  • kmakm
    Oh thank goodness! I just dreamed my period had come back and I had to see the oncologist about zoladex injections into my stomach. Not real! Phew.

That's a nasty long list @Sarnicad. Big hug, K xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I'll add a few to your list @Sarnicad
    • The possums are bastards
    • The hound is too hot and is lying in the doorway panting
    • Mosquitoes love me. To death
    • The transmission in my car is making strange noises
    • My sister has rung me twice in a week. I'll have to wait for the third one to find out what she really wants
    • I've applied for two jobs. What if I don't get either? Or get offered both?
    • Wine
  • kmakm
    Two more:

- Hot flushes
    - Cancer dreams
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh @kmakm in my humble opinion that's a worry, cancer dreams. Perhaps a conversation with a Counsellor?

Hope they are few and far between 

Take care 
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @Zoffiel we also have the hound is too hot along with the other hound misses us so one of us has to go sit with it until it goes to sleep!  

@kmakm no cancer dreams but a resident fear of reoccurrence 

some nights I’m great others not so much just deal on a day by day basis