Night Howls

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    I just read the comment from the so called expert
    "and she brightly suggested that my expectations of myself were too high, and I needed to set small, short-term goals."

That would be enough for me to politely cut the session short.  That is so rude! All you are looking for is some semblance of the pre BC lifestyle.

Sleeping seems to be the social topic at present 

At least you gained something from the appointment.

My GP gave me palexia to take for bone pain from Femara (letrozole). Hopefully you can find some relief otherwise if Onc thinks you're at a stage that the body won't adjust then maybe a different aromatose inhibitor.  I've started my 3rd at the 3 and a half year mark

Best wishes with finding a solution. Take care

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @arpie. I’m a weirdo - love cleaning and it’s all done now. Hot as hell and humid here in Sydney today - can’t wait for the cool change tonight. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Kiwi Angel Swept through here last night. Utter bliss. 38° to 22°. Such a relief.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    @iserbrown

Good question. I am a very occasional howler as my sleep problems predate bc by decades! I know what it's not - using a computer or watching tv,  as I don't have either in the bedroom and extremely rarely look at my phone after going to bed. It's not pain and it's not discomfort. It probably has to do with REM sleep cycles, as I tend to wake at quite well defined times. It almost certainly has to do with my brain not switching off very well. I suspect that our sleeping habits can build a new default quite easily - my sleeping changed from dying nightly to erratic after a baby! Anxiety, discomfort, pain can affect sleeping habits long after the actual problem has ceased. Exercise helps, I find milk before bed helps, and a very occasional sleeping pill to break the cycle of accumulating bad nights.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Last night was bloody horrible. After a pleasantly damp day the humidity was disgusting and the possums are bastards. I slept from 10-1 and have been sweating and swearing and thrashing around ever since. I've done 4 loads of washing (stripped the bed to the mattress) a 6 km walk, a yoga class, a body balance class and a 1 km swim, peeled two buckets of tomatoes ready for sauce and am now exhausted and savage as AF. It's my only day off this week and I need to make the most of it. Grrr.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Love temazepam Thursday. Had a great sleep. Could also have something to do with it being much cooler and not sleeping the night before and doing 16000 steps during the day. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I had to take one this morning at 2am @Kiwi Angel   .... and it was a much cooler night than before, so made no sense to not be able to sleep!!   grrr
  • Kiwi Angel
    @arpie - sleep - such an ongoing frustration!!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I had a shocker too @arpie. Appalling.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    WTF  @Zoffiel so much for a relaxing day off.  You made me exhausted just reading your post. !!  
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Awake at 4am for me this morning.....exhausted now
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @SoldierCrab Thanks for that. Mine that recently released throwaway status were Madrid. The wonderful thing is that I remember the day and the feelings that took me shopping for every pair of Birkies I've ever bought. Though I could probably say that for most shoes I've owned. I used to be a shoe girl. Being honest, probably a handbag girl too. In fact, just clothes. These days if I'm clean and decent when I go out, that's sufficient. I hope one day to be able to want to look stylish again.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Me too @Flaneuse
    I can be as blokey as AF, but I love a good frock and smart shoes. Handbags, not so much so as I'm too lazy to transfer all my shit from one to another. The nice thing about working in a museum is I can look an artifact if I want to. Same went for working in a library, you are expected to be super straight or utterly quirky. Vintage rules, I'll happily rock up in someone's designer mother of the bride outfit for a Sunday morning shift. Why not if it's cost me $5?
    I'm struggling with my waistline and my ability to wear heels for a couple of hours at a time. But I'm working on it.