tisme
tisme Member Posts: 148
edited February 2019 in General discussion
breastscreen saw something so I had biopsies last Wednesday, my gp was supposed to get the results by Monday, got a ph call from breastscreen to say the pathologist wanted to do more staining and my gp would get the results on Tuesday so I should see him Wednesday.  and Im so depressed and scared and such about the whole thing. wouldn't be so bad but theres just me and my autistic daughter left now , friends I thought I had I dont and not a friendly neighbourhood I tried when we came here but was ignored. I have never felt so alone in my life 

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Welcome @tisme . The beginning  is very hard with all the  unknowns. Have you been connected with a breast care nurse yet?
    Know that we are here for you whenever you need. No question too silly.

@SoldierCrab has 2 autistic sons aas do e a number of members that also know life is already a struggle. We have pretty effective treatment available and the process about that will start after you get your results. Take care. Kath x
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

Below are a couple of links to help you find your way around the forum and also how to find a breast care nurse and how to order a MY journey Kit if you haven't got one yet. 

It can be a whirlwind when we first get a diagnosed.... Breathe and take it one step at a time. 

How to post on the main forum – use this link to get to the main forum and begin a new post. https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/post/discussion

Navigating the online community formerly the what and how thread.

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14879/navigating-the-online-community-formerly-the-what-and-how-thread

Breast Care Nurses

https://www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/OurMission/OurNurses/FindANurse.aspx 

My Journey online tool and other resources. 

My Journey Online Tool resources
    https://myjourney.org.au/hp/step5

https://www.bcna.org.au/resources/

BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

If you have any questions, concerns or require any further information or support please call 1800 500 258. BCNA’s helpline will now be open from 9am-6pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5pm Fridays.  

How to understand your pathology reports

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/understanding-your-pathology-report/breast-pathology/breast-cancer-pathology.html
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I am So  sorry to hear you've jumped on the BC Bandwagon @tisme - We all feel super alone when we get the news, downright scared & the whole roller coaster emotions kick in, which is entirely normal - some people may let you down, but others will step up to the plate to help you thru these initial stages  xx .... Take lots of deep breaths to start off with - and do one thing at a time.  You can do this.

Welcome to the forum (altho no-one is here by choice!)  

Any question that you may have - whack them up here & you'll get a pretty honest answer!  

Hopefully your actual diagnosis won't be too bad .... it is so easy for us to jump to the worst conclusions  (or jump onto Dr Google when every case is just so different) - but try not to.    One foot in front of the other just now ..... one day at a time.

Where abouts are you  (City/town) -  we may have members who can fill you in on local resources and backup.

Do you have anyone to go with you to the appointments with your GP (or assuming you will need it) surgeon?   Having a buddy or relative with you will make a huge difference to understanding what is going on - or even record it on your phone for later use.    Ain't none of us here by choice - but we ARE here to help you get thru this!! xx  

Take care, and keep us in the loop ..... we are here to help you work thru this xx
  • tisme
    HI thanks for the response , I'm in Morayfield , no theres just me and autistic daughter. sorta makes me angry over all the years ive cared for so many etc. but it is what it is I suppose.
  • tisme
    dont have a confirmed diagnosis yet but when they say they have to do more stains on my samples to see just what it is …………..  if I did need to go anywhere for treatment etc I dont qualify for transport help because Im a carer and having gone by public transport up to Nambour Breastscreen I came home a physical wreck but I couldn't have driven there I already suffer massive anxiety attacks and the arthritis wouldn't let me either. im a wreck without all this 

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    We've all been there, @tisme - and it is always difficult and frightening in the beginning.  Anger, sadness, BIG ANGER, more sadness ... try not to 2nd guess what they are doing behind the scenes for your benefit - the extra tests may be just due to a stuff up on the first ones ....

I spent my early years in Nambour (my Dad was the dentist there in the 50s) and my sister lived up on the ranges for decades!  Magic spot!

I reckon there would be Community Aid up there that would assist with transport etc ....  I have a buddy up near there who is BC clear for 5 years - I'll ask what she knows.  xx  I am not sure where Morayfield is?  It is not a town/suburb I am familiar with.

Take care xx
  • tisme
    its a suburb, elimbah  morayfield /caboolture /burpengary I used to live out in the country ( gin gin ) near Bundaberg I miss it the space away from people but we had to move here for mum initially ( she died one year ago next month) then daughter etc now me. u have to be on disability or age pension to qualify for centacare, blue care /oz care are booked out for the next month. 
  • tisme
    im trying not to show it for daughters sake but I get the feeling she senses it she follows me round the house im told the ndis ( which we both qualify for ) can help but I cant see how 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Morayfield is just outside Caboolture, my mother used to live there. I believe there is Community Aid there - certainly my mother had access to that when she still lived on Bribie. It’s always hard, waiting for tests and appointments and easy to fear the worst. Just try and take one thing at a time - see if you can contact Community Aid to at least assist with your transport issues. Best wishes.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @tisme, I hope you get some good info soon; even good results. Yes, waiting is yuck.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hi @tisme Welcome but sorry you have to  be here but you will find amongst us a great support group who really get what you are going through. I see you are trying for community aid perhaps instead could you see if there is a cancer support group possibly in that area for help and support.  I live in a small town in North Queensland and we have the most phenomenal group here who help all those newly diagnosed in every way imaginable.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you but I do agree with the others that try not to preempt results as there could be a myriad of reasons why they are keeping your pathology for further testing.  As arpie suggests take a deep breath and take it day by day.  Our minds always run away from us thinking of the worst case scenarios.  Wishing you all the best with your results and let us know how you go.  xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Hi @tisme. This is a dreadful time, and as everyone has said, take it one day at a time. One hour at a time even, if necessary. This is a technique that counsellors recommend. It helped me when I was first diagnosed and a wreck.

'Predictive grief' is a phrase my psychologist uses and urges me not to do! Easy to say but harder to do I know... Being prepared is one thing but anticipating troubles that may never happen is no way to live. So focus on today, take some deep breaths (it settles the nervous system) and be kind to yourself.

Being diagnosed with breast cancer interrupts our lives no end. It was pretty disastrous in my house (click on my @name to read my story). It's always disruptive, be it for a few weeks or a year. However it's a very well oiled treatment machine and there are huge amounts of support and services available. And if you're diagnosed and undergo treatment, you'll be surprised how quickly it becomes routine.

So hang in there. Big hug, K xox
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Very true @kmakm I know during chemo on my worse days it was hour by hour couldn't see past that.  But we got through hey.  xo

• tisme
    thanks all for your support, I woke up this morning reeeeeeally depressed and tired and aching, ( got RA and OA and who knows what else. so much I wanna do around here trying to down size mums stuff and ours. daughter is great but I dunno if its cos she is autistic or wat but I have to tell her do this , do this  thanks for the support so good to know there is somewhere I can let it out even pre ???? diagnosis