Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Kadcyla

JenoB
JenoB Member Posts: 11
edited February 2019 in Metastatic breast cancer
Evening beautiful people!
After some advice please...
I've been on 3 weekly perjeta and herceptin for almost 3 years after diagnosis with mets in 2016, and everything has been going great. Unfortunately, recent scans showed some enlarged lymph nodes, and my onc is keen to attack swiftly. She has recommended that I change to Kadcyla as soon as possible. 
My concern is that I live 2 hours drive from my treatment centre, work full time and raise my daughter (8) on my own. At present I drop her at school and drive over for treatment, then drive myself home after. 
How do others on Kadcyla find the treatment? It contains chemo drugs, so will I be able to drive myself home? This treatment will continue indefinitely, so will working full time be sustainable?
All thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jen xx
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited February 2019
    Hi Jen
    I don't know but I am posting so this will go to the top of the listing again snd someone may see it!
    Have you joined this group as there maybe others in that group that may know

Best wishes 

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited February 2019
    Hi @JenoB

If you click on 'Discussion' you will see a search function just up & on the right hand side.  

I just put 'Kadcyla' in the 'Search Box' and half a dozen threads popped up, that you can click on, one at a time - some may have info in them to help you with info on it.

You can then put another word in if you want to search that as well.

All the best with your ongoing treatment xxxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @wendy55 any suggestions of somebody who may know?
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi @primek, sorry I cannot think of anyonewho is on Kadclya at the moment, I havent been around the last few days, started my chemo regime on Friday and its knocked the socks off me for the time being, its my body just getting used to it I do hope someone else can help, at the moment all I want to do is lay on my bed!!! give me a few days and I will be up and running again.

wendy55

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Take it easy @wendy55. Rest up.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @wendy55 Take care lovely. K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521

WOOHOO!   That is wonderful @wendy55 - I can feel your joy & 'viva la vie' returning!!   I think just the cooling of the weather has helped big time just now too - it has been cooler here for a few days (but picked up again a bit yesterday!)

It sounds like you have your regime all worked out ..... AWESOME!  Go Girl!!   xxx

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Lovely to read! 

Image result for hallelujah funny images
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Thanks @arpie,
    I just went and for the first time since we got our beautiful rescue dog 10 months ago I was able to sit and brush her coat and actually feel my hands working!!! I am so grateful, I know xeloda was tough, but I am tougher!! so take that cancer and put it where the sun dont shine, I am pretty happy cant you tell!!!
    wendy55
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hey  @wendy55 you've just put a big smile on my face reading your post.   <3
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I can hear your excitement in the words @wendy55 Go, girl!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Glorious glorious post @Wendy55! Highlight of my day (that and my son getting a uni offer). The biggest of hugs you champion! K xox
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    That's wonderful news - enjoy every single moment, they have been hard won and all the more precious.